Tex turns down 8/140 from Rangers

Sports Guy

6/$126M v 8/$144 isn't really a fair comparison since the total amounts are different. If the amounts were the same (or even close) then its always smarter to pay the contract over a longer term. Money is worth more today than it is tomorrow, and its worth more tomorrow than it is the day after tomorrow.

Yeah, I know. I'm usually the one teaching people about time value of money around here. ;)

Of course the total amounts aren't the same. Boras would laugh at 8/126. And I would laugh at 6/144. That's my point.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still can't believe people want to pay 20 mil for Tex.

Wake up people! 20 mil range is A-Rod money! Does Tex have that same amount of offensive impact?

20 mil is the new 15 mil, Moose. I don't like it any more than you do.

Wake up people! 20 mil range is A-Rod money! Does Tex have that same amount of offensive impact?

I can't believe people still think $20M is ARod money. Its not even close.

20 million is the new 15 million, 30 million is the new 25 million. It may be sickening, but baseball is awash in cash. Selig said at the HOF ceremonies that the previous day set the record for most fans going through the turnstiles for all of baseball. Baseball is booming, so the salaries are going up...

Oh no

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2007/07/31/teixeira_0801.html

Always liked Atlanta

Teixeira often had said that he and his wife -- they have a 1-year-old son -- would like to move back to their college town someday.

"He has always told me that when his baseball career is over, he's going to live in Atlanta," said Hall, the Tech coach. "So I guess it's just happening a little sooner than he thought it would.

"I talked to him probably a month ago," Hall said. "He said, 'Coach, you know I'd love to play for the Braves. I want to go somewhere we have a chance to win.'"

Upon hearing that the trade was done, Hall sent a text message to his former player. "Nice to have you back home," it read.

This isn't news...Been telling you guys for a while that Atlanta is a very possible destination for him.

Atlanta won't pay him what he wants though and he won't sign an extension, so no big deal here.

So look for him and Santana in pinstripes in 2010?

This isn't news...Been telling you guys for a while that Atlanta is a very possible destination for him.

Atlanta won't pay him what he wants though and he won't sign an extension, so no big deal here.

Not sure why you feel this way.

Atlanta has stepped up and paid many of its top stars over the years.

Not sure why you feel this way.

Atlanta has stepped up and paid many of its top stars over the years.

Atlanta isn't going to shell out 7-8 years at 22+ million a year, which is what it would take for him to sign an extension...You can pretty much guarantee that.

Yeah but you didn't have exact quotes and you aren't a newspaper journalist with credible sources :rolleyes:

Archived