Tuesday, May 30th: Orioles continue vs the Guardians, without Cedric Mullins

SteveA

I'm looking to get tickets for Sunday's game against the Giants.  They aren't cheap - even sitting in the right field bleachers and staring at the sun all afternoon will cost about $80/seat.

Meanwhile, across the Bay in Oakland, they are advertising a 37- game package for $99.  They can't hardly give tickets away in Oakland.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The bullpen is good, but I can't call them the best in baseball. Maybe under someone like Buck managing them they would be the best in baseball.

I've never been a huge fan of how Hyde makes his in-game pitching decisions.

The bullpen is absolute garbage aside from Cano and Bautista. Baumann is okay sometimes but he's had his moments of awfulness too. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The bullpen is good, but I can't call them the best in baseball. Maybe under someone like Buck managing them they would be the best in baseball.

I've never been a huge fan of how Hyde makes his in-game pitching decisions.

Other than Cano and Bautista the bullpen isn't that good. It may have been hot at one point but the numbers are not trending well

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

DL (that stands for de-load) Hall had an okay 3-inning outing tonight.

He was good for two innings but wasn't getting a lot of swing and miss. Started to lose command in the 3rd inning and gave up the run. Velocity was 95-95 in 1st, then fell off to more 94-95. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

The bullpen is absolute garbage aside from Cano and Bautista. Baumann is okay sometimes but he's had his moments of awfulness too. 

I know were frustrated right now.  But the stats do not back up what you're saying here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• One run and 2 XBH’s in the last 13 innings. Doesn’t matter how good the pitching. If they’re just scattering a few singles it’s gonna be tough to win.
    • Johnson, who had a degree in mathematics and an abiding curiosity in the field, would offer unsolicited advice to Jim Palmer and Dave McNally, the perennial 20-game winners.     “You’re in an unfavorable chance deviation,” Johnson would tell them, to puzzled annoyance. “You’re trying to throw for the corners, and you’re missing a foot away or you’re missing right down the middle. So I suggest, when you’re in an unfavorable chance deviation, throw it down the middle and you’ll hit the corners.” After that, Johnson said, the pitchers called him Dumb-Dumb.  Johnson, of course, was anything but stupid. When most of the baseball world sniffed at a book called “Percentage Baseball,”written in the 1960s by a Baltimore mathematician named Earnshaw Cook, Johnson called the author, met him for lunch and got an autographed copy. To supplement his income one winter, Johnson made speeches at high schools on behalf of a defense contractor, encouraging students to enter the computer field.   https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/19/sports/baseball/davey-johnson-baseballs-oldest-manager-leading-washingtons-youth-movement.html?unlocked_article_code=1.100.c8eH.YaWx09n9u8hS&smid=url-share
    • A week or two ago I thought about Sandoval with LAA as a possible #5 starter type.    I see he hurt his elbow. It’s remarkable. 
    • Cowser is probably going to figure it out and have a productive career. But if a deal presented itself to trade him (out of the division) for a reliable starter with control, the O's should make it in a heartbeat. Let Colton figure it out on someone else's time. The Orioles desperately need quality pitching.
    • St. Louis did can’t remember about the Reds. I don’t know what it is about teams located in the center of the country. Even though the Astros are in the AL West Division they are still in that part of the US.
    • Pena had that chop double that bounced over Urias's head yesterday, so it must be somewhat hard.
    • Mateo is a utility player not a guy who starts 140 games a season. Time for him to shift into that role. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now