Moves in the near term

wildcard

Moves that need to be made for the long term…

Mckenna to AAA

Mountcastle to AAA or Urias to IL

Cowser promoted

Westburg promoted, added to 40 man

Perez DFA

Voth DFA

Vespi promoted(optionable arm)

Gilaspie promoted(optionable arm)

Open 40 spot for bullpen fresh arm cycle

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 1:47 PM, wildcard said:

Here are a few things I see happening soon:

1)  Zimmermann down,  Irvin up.    Irvin started on May 31st for Norfolk.   I think he starts on June 7th against the Brewers.   The 5th starter is not needed until the June 10th but that he too long between starts for him.   Zimmermann has not pitched as well has Irvin so I think he will not get the start.

2) Kjerstad promotion to AAA.   He is at 196 PAs with two games before the Monday promotion day.   The only thing that stands in his way is a 4 for 25 mini slump he just went through.   He was 2 for 5 last night so if he keeps hitting he may be promoted.  On the other hand I don't see them promoting him if he stays in a slump.  This is a test of my 200 PA theory.

3)  I wish I could say Cowser promoted but I have no idea where he is in his recovery from his injuries.  And he has a rehab to go through.

4) I said a couple of days along that Givens and Perez better no whisper the word soreness or they would be on the IL.    Well Givens did and he is out for a while.   Perez was doing OK in May until May 29th and 31st when he blew up again.    There is nothing definite here but Perez might be next.   

Vespi has a 1.86 ERA, a 0.98 WHIP and is striking out a batter an inning.  Just waiting for an opportunity.  They are both lefties.

1) I expect Zim down,  Irvin up for Saturday's start.

2) Kjerstad got 200 PAs and was promoted.

3) Cowser needs to finish  his stretching out, reach 200 PAs and then Cowser up, Lester DFA'd.  The smoke in Scranton must clear.

4) Givens already hit the IL.   I think Perez is next to the IL with Vespi promoted.

Edited by wildcard

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

1) I expect Zim down,  Irvin up for Saturday's start.

2) Kjerstad got 200 PAs and was promoted.

3) Cowser needs to finish  his stretching out, reach 200 PAs and then Cowser up, Lester DFA'd.  The smoke in Scranton must clear.

4) Givens already hit the IL.   I think Perez is next to the IL with Vespi promoted.

Why Scranton?

17 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Moves that need to be made for the long term…

Mckenna to AAA

Mountcastle to AAA or Urias to IL

Cowser promoted

Westburg promoted, added to 40 man

Perez DFA

Voth DFA

Vespi promoted(optionable arm)

Gilaspie promoted(optionable arm)

Open 40 spot for bullpen fresh arm cycle

I like these. I would add Ortiz promoted, Mateo to bench. That could/should actually be one of the first moves since Elias seems to be manipulating service time for Cowser and Westburg. 

• Upvote 2

Let's bring up Ortiz, Cowser and Westburg, try to jump start the offence

Option Mckenna and O'hearn

DFA Lester

Mateo, Frazier and Urias to the bench for now. 

3B-Gunnar

SS-Ortiz

2B-Westburg 

(or whatever is best defensively)

Cowser in RF

Frazier can get spot starts here and there

I am not happy about losing O'hearn and having to play Mountcastle more but I would put Santander at 1B more often (Did Westburg ever play 1B in the minors?)

Doubt there will be any promotions for a few weeks with the Tides not playing all week, not to mention Ortiz not playing all last week either. 

Get ready for more Urias, Frazier, Mounty, Lester, McKenna, Mateo and Hicks.

• Like 1

Since they have nothing in the majors or minors in the way of starting pitching they can make all the moves they want and it won't matter. Wacha and Bassitt signed in the offseason for less money than we wasted on Frazier/Givens/Irvin. This season was dead on arrival, just played way over their heads for first 1/4 of season, but baseball is 162 games.

3 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Let's bring up Ortiz, Cowser and Westburg, try to jump start the offence

Option Mckenna and O'hearn

DFA Lester

Mateo, Frazier and Urias to the bench for now. 

3B-Gunnar

SS-Ortiz

2B-Westburg 

(or whatever is best defensively)

Cowser in RF

Frazier can get spot starts here and there

I am not happy about losing O'hearn and having to play Mountcastle more but I would put Santander at 1B more often (Did Westburg ever play 1B in the minors?)

O'Hearn has a 864 OPS and you want to options him?   He is one of the few guys that are hitting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

Since they have nothing in the majors or minors in the way of starting pitching they can make all the moves they want and it won't matter. Wacha and Bassitt signed in the offseason for less money than we wasted on Frazier/Givens/Irvin. This season was dead on arrival, just played way over their heads for first 1/4 of season, but baseball is 162 games.

Bassitt signed 3 years  63 Million. A fourth year (the Baltimore year) now comes to  4 year 84 million, if he even wanted to play in Baltimore, remember its not an auction.  So say 21 million Frazier/Givens/Irvin are not making anywhere Nere  that In  addition  Bassit does not play second base or pitch out of the bullpen, Yea i know neither does Givens that because Hès IL If your going to do an analysis you need to Analize all the Data not just the data you like (that's storytelling) Ok I get it Bassit is not here neither is Rodon or Degrom how that work out well time will tell with Rodon, in the meantime they saved a 100 million   on the non Degrom signing.

Edited by Safelykept
add