Friday June 16: an afternoon at Wrigley Field

SteveA

5 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Does any team have a better city connect uniform than regular uniform? 

The Cubs home uniforms are a classic imo.   They shouldn’t be wearing this garbage. 

I'm a bit of a party pooper on these city connect jerseys. I haven't liked any of them. The Rockies and the Nationals are unique enough that it's okay as a once or twice a year situation, but I don't like these Cubs uniforms. I don't like the Orioles' city connect jerseys. And I generally think we should get arid of all the City Connect. 

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with Hyde pulling Irvin. He was getting hit around. Baumann and Perez were complete garbage. Time to DFA Perez. 

White flag.. Garrett in for mop up. But who else could come in..

And just like that.. another run. Absolute crapfest 

3 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

Hyde continues to deplete the bullpen with pulling pitchers so soon in a game. You either trust Irvin to let him throw more than 70 pitches or he can’t be in the rotation. This was the exact scenario from his last start against KC on Saturday. 

Its a huge issue IMO. He can't wait to get to the bullpen. Pulling your starter in the 5th inning, needing 15 outs from the bullpen. Hyde knew he would likely throw Perez. Just poor management from him. 

We NEED to beat these kind of teams and he just gave this game away. 

1 minute ago, jamalshw said:

I'm a bit of a party pooper on these city connect jerseys. I haven't liked any of them. The Rockies and the Nationals are unique enough that it's okay as a once or twice a year situation, but I don't like these Cubs uniforms. I don't like the Orioles' city connect jerseys. And I generally think we should get arid of all the City Connect. 

I agree.  I thought it was fun at first but then most of the unis were ugly and it wasn’t fun anymore. 

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

The Nationals have hideous uniforms.  I guess their city connect is slightly better than their normal set. 

The cherry blossom concept is cool even if not executed perfectly.

My issue is with everything being "Washington." I feel like DMV natives refer to the city as DC. No one ever writes "WSH" like they have on their unis.

• Upvote 1