So, what can the pitching do to stop giving up home runs? Cause, dang

banks703

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gametime:  7:45 pm EDT Forecast:  86 degrees, partly cloudy, windy, small chance of rain Matchup:  Kyle Bradish (R) vs Lance Lynn (R) Lineups SS  Gunnar Henderson L C   Adley Rutschman S DH  Ryan O'Hearn L 3B  Jordan Westburg R LF  Colton Cowser L 1B  Ryan Mountcastle R CF  Cedric Mullins L RF  Kyle Stowers L 2B  Jorge Mateo R 3B  Brendan Donovan L RF  Lars Nootbaar L 1B  Paul Goldschmidt R DH  Nolan Arenado R LF  Alec Burleson L C   Ivan Herrera R 2B  Nolan Gorman L SS  Masyn Winn R CF  Mike Siani L Orioles Bench Austin Hays (R) James McCann (R) Anthony Santander (S) -- bruised knee could inhibit ability to play the field Ramon Urias (R)   Orioles Bullpen Available Yennier Cano (R)  0.1 IP, 5p Saturday;  0.2 IP, 3p Friday Danny Coulombe (L)   0.1 IP, 10p Saturday Craig Kimbrel  (R)   1.0 IP, 14p Sunday Jacob Webb (R)    0.0 IP, 11p Sunday;  0.1 IP, 14p Friday  Probably Available Cole Irvin (L)  2.0 IP, 13p  Sunday Maybe Available Keegan Akin (L)   1.1 IP, 15p last night;  1.0 IP, 11p Friday Probably Not Available Albert Suarez (R)   1.0 IP, 24p last night;  0.2 IP, 15p Saturday Not Available Cionel Perez (L)   1.2 IP, 36p last night;  1.2 IP, 32p Saturday
    • Wow. “Near-ready starter” and consideration in the top 100 based on a breakout in 17.1 IP in AA as a 25 year old? I’d love to see it obviously, but that seems really going out on a limb. Young hasn’t pitched nearly enough in his whole professional career to suggest he can hold up under a full SP workload, or sustain this velo bump. I’m excited for Young and this only reinforces my thought that the Orioles might have something here, but my hopes are still just for a healthy season and maybe he becomes a RP option in 2025. 
    • Yesterday Max Bay was Eno's guest.   I'd known the name as Eno often described him as the mathy co-parent of Stuff+ but it was new to me in the video he'd been a 1-time member of the Astros analytics department.
    • It’s starting to feel like if we don’t get Gunnar signed, the rest of it won’t even matter. We have a lot of good players and several that are extension worthy as has been outlined in many posts. But Gunnar is in another stratosphere even from the best of the other guys. The talent, the results (already, not to mention the likely improvement or at least potential for that in the next few years) good health so far with the body type that should maintain - the kid is an outright superstar, and I just don’t think that is true of the rest of these guys.  I love Westburg, Adley, Colton, Jackson, Grayson. Hell I love this team. But Gunnar is The Guy and it’s not even remotely close.    Surely there is a Boras client in the history of Boras clients who has signed early?  Give the dude a blank check as far as I’m concerned. 
    • I'd target Westburg first.  He should be more amendable and affordable and might serve as a sign to his teammates that the O's are serious about keeping a core together for an extended run.
    • Bradish is an excellent #2 with injury questions. Grayson has to show that he can be counted on to be a #1 or #2 over the course of a season and into the playoffs. Kremer is a solid #5 starter. Means has not been able to start and finish a season healthy. I would probably prefer a pitcher with a more reliable/available track record. Cheap shouldn’t even enter into the equation with a payroll this low and a team with this kind of potential/talent/aspirations.  We will most likely need 2 starters in the rotation next year (if we do not resign Burnes who is a bonafide #1 IMO). I don’t think that we are going to “cheap” out way to a World Series. The competition is too good/talented AND historically speaking teams with low payrolls haven’t won a title all that often. In the last 20 years, HOU was lowest (their first WS title) with a payroll ranked 18. We have some work to do just to get that payroll output.
  • Popular Contributors