6/28 - Charlotte @ Norfolk

nevadaO

At the game tonight to watch Grayson on the bump and he has pitched well tonight.

6 IP so far, 4 hits, 1 BB, 8K's. He's been aggressive and besides hitting their leadoff batter with the first pitch of the game has been very accurate in the zone and ahead in most counts.

He gave up a mashed home run to CF but that's the only ER so far.

Norby HR'd down the LF line and Mountcastle is hitting the ball hard so far, save for one groundout.

• Upvote 3

didn't want to start a new thread but another game today at noon.  Tides were down 8-0, just put up 8 in the sixth to tie it up.  I tuned in just as a Cowser oppo taco tied it up, but didn't see how many runs that was (at least 2, I saw Daz Cameron score ahead of him for sure).  8-8, 6th still going with two outs, pitching change w/ bases empty.

7 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Announcer just said Cowser's was a three-run shot.  Also run scoring doubles by Ortiz and Kjerstad.  Mountcastle up now, grounds out to end it.  He's 1-4.

This isn't a Mountcastle thread but I hope he gets healthy but I really, really don't want him on the big club anymore. I like the flexibility that the platooning that is going on with Urias, Santander and O'Hearn provides to rotate guys in/out. Mounty can only play 1B and he just doesn't hit well enough at this point to stay on this team. 

Charles gets the 3-4-5 hitters in order in the ninth for the save.  Almost all fastballs, most at 98, last one was at 99.  One pitch at 90 - I guess it was a slider?  Otherwise all fastballs.

Pretty nice last four innings for the baby birds today!