Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

39 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

39 rarity score today, over half of that came from my Yankees 40+ home run choice.

Super easy grid today.  I only got a 91 rarity score though.   Like you, my Yankee 40 HR choice turned out to be very popular.  Also, my choice for Yankees/Rockies turned out to be the most popular answer.   

• Upvote 1

I messed up one square today, leaning into the task of learning to try for low rarities by disconnecting the accomplishment from the team the player achieved it with.

I guessed Kris Bryant for COL + Silver Slugger, relying on the thought he must have gathered one in his MVP contender days with the Cubs.     Then looking at the answer key, it turns out Nolan Arenado with his Coors-aided stats had a stranglehold on that particular honor.

It was easy today being able to pick inner circle Hall of Famers and still get low rarities.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

I messed up one square today, leaning into the task of learning to try for low rarities by disconnecting the accomplishment from the team the player achieved it with.

I guessed Kris Bryant for COL + Silver Slugger, relying on the thought he must have gathered one in his MVP contender days with the Cubs.     Then looking at the answer key, it turns out Nolan Arenado with his Coors-aided stats had a stranglehold on that particular honor.

It was easy today being able to pick inner circle Hall of Famers and still get low rarities.

I pretty much have a rule that if I can pick an Oriole Hall of Famer for a non-Orioles specific question, I do it, even if it might cost me a rarity point or two.   I get great satisfaction out of answering Frank Robinson to any question.  

Your Kris Bryant answer would not have worked in any event.  Per the rules: “For team and award cell: The player must have won the award in a season he appeared for that team.”

• Thanks 1

9/9 today with 116 rarity score.  It was really easy, I spent maybe two minutes on it.

Spoiler

Dave Stewart, Jose Canseco, Catfish Hunter

Pedro Martinez, Carl Yaz, David Ortiz

Pete Rose, George Foster, Barry Larkin

Could have named any of the Reds that reunited for the early 80s Phillies, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan but Rose was the first one that came to mind.  Sorry, @Frobby

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 today with 116 rarity score.  It was really easy, I spent maybe two minutes on it.

Hide contents

Could have named any of the Reds that reunited for the early 80s Phillies, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan but Rose was the first one that came to mind.  Sorry, @Frobby

Kinda surprised there were only 7 possibilities for the A’s 40 HR. You could fill out seven of the nine squares with Orioles.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I got tripped up on Phillies-A's. None of these are easy for me!

22 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I got tripped up on Phillies-A's. None of these are easy for me!

I've used Dave Stewart a lot before.  Whenever the A's roll around I think of four players:  Dennis Eckersley, Rickey Henderson, Dave Stewart and Jose Canseco.  All had really significant careers and a lot of that significance came from the A's.  But they all played for a fair amount of other teams, too.  Can usually fill an A's box with any of those guys.