Is JW the reincarnation of JJ Hardy?

banks703

6 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

JJ Hardy was probably the best free agent addition during my orioles tandem. I believe he had a few season where he hit 25-30 homers.  He played GG defense and never missed games. 

Except he was acquired via trade not FA. 

2 hours ago, banks703 said:

Is it just me or does JW remind anyone else of JJ Hardy? Obviously he’s not the SS that JJ was in his career but how JW carries himself, his mannerisms, how he looks and swings at the plate reminds me an awful lot of JJ Hardy.

The thought did cross my mind a few times watching his 1st couple games.

2 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

I definitely see what the OP is talking about, not just his stance but the way he carries himself and talks, there's definitely a real JJ Hardy vibe there for me. So yeah, I agree that comps can be silly sometimes, but in this case I definitely see what he's talking about, there's some real similarities in terms of demeanour, physical complexion, etc. 

Yeah in those ways it makes sense. However, JJ was a Gold Glove caliber SS, and Westburg is unlikely to play there. Also, Westburg seems to have a lot more patience at the plate. Their actual abilities don’t have much in common. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hope it is Norby.   913 PA in AAA is a long time.   We will see if he can translate some of his success up here.  His OPS at AAA is higher than Stowers who doesn't appear to be overmatched up here yet.
    • Seems like Forret is the 2023 draft version of Showalter but it also seems like they like Forret more.
    • A few readouts as Forret finishes Low-A. Fangraphs stats this morning list him age 20 - about one third of the Carolina League pitchers at 30 innings are that age or younger. Zero BAL Shorebirds arms meet the Fangraphs qualified default of I believe 1 inning/team game, so 30 innings needed to find an Orioles pitcher in early June. K-bb% 14th of 66 - he is the only pitcher in the Top 30 of that to be at 0.00 HR/9 (a bunch of wild kids in the bottom of the list also have that). Forret is kind of shaping up for me as a good run so far of what Carter Baumler was meant to be. Up in the South Atlantic League, looks like just three Age 20 pitchers have covered 30 innings so far, including ATL Owen Murphy ($2.5M class of 2022 high school arm), and PIT's guy from Europe's baseball hotbed San Marino.
    • Yes, the whole point of DFA'ing Urias is to make room for Mayo or Norby. Between Mateo, Gunnar, and Westburg you would be able to cover 3B/SS with an extra guy on the bench. If there is an injury Gunnar can slide over for a game or two. We've also got Holliday, Maton, and Vavra in AAA. Plenty of depth to cover infield. 
    • Any money we have ready to throw at an extension should be used on Gunnar. Let's not make another Chris Davis mistake and run out of money for the likes of Manny.  Not saying that's definitely what happened in that situation but it was a dumb use of money.
    • The team obviously feels Urias plays third better than second and that Westburg is equal in either.     I mean, Urias won a GG at third!!  🤣
    • The Verge podcast guys      
  • Popular Contributors