Should be Cowser time today - but not expecting it

HelenaEngineer

19 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Here is a question:

If Hicks is doing well in 2 weeks, would Elias trade him for a prospect and promote Cowser?

It’s not a bad idea to dangle Hicks. The same with Frazier. But then we really shed our depth. Playoff teams need depth over 162. 

There is room for Cowser and Hicks. Hicks can play versus all of the LHP, and probably a couple of other starts rotating in. 

Where would we be without Mateo’s April, and the June that Hicks and O’Hearn had?  Our depth really carried us. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

It isn't for you.  Might be for Elias.

You have a better reason for not promoting him?

1) Team is winning

2) vets are producing 

It took one of the worst slumps we have ever seen from Mateo and a horrible month for Frazier to finally get Westburg up here.

I just think it’s poor decision making.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

1) Team is winning

2) vets are producing 

It took one of the worst slumps we have ever seen from Mateo and a horrible month for Frazier to finally get Westburg up here.

I just think it’s poor decision making.

1. Team has been basically .500 for a pretty decent stretch.
  2. Frazier, Mateo, McCann aren't producing.  O'Hearn and Hicks are cooling off.  McKenna is replaceable.
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Here is a question:

If Hicks is doing well in 2 weeks, would Elias trade him for a prospect and promote Cowser?

Put it this way. Would YOU trade for Hicks if he wasn't already on the O's

Another question... if Hicks is doing well and helping the O's win games, why get rid of him during a pennant chase for a prospect who hasn't proven anything in the bigs? 

36 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Why would he get rid of Hicks when he could just demote McKenna?

My point was that if Hicks is producing, I can't see Elias getting rid of him in  a pennant race to promote a prospect who hasn't proven anything yet

35 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't include Mountcastle since he is currently in the minors.

As a Mountcastle fan I'm OK will him staying down for a bit.

Seems like it would be best to really let him start mashing down there before bringing him up. Very little reason to rush him. 

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:
  1. Team has been basically .500 for a pretty decent stretch.
  2. Frazier, Mateo, McCann aren't producing.  O'Hearn and Hicks are cooling off.  McKenna is replaceable.

Yes, they are cooling off, as I said but they need to see it longer. They aren’t holding him down for service time.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't include Mountcastle since he is currently in the minors.

As a Mountcastle fan I'm OK will him staying down for a bit.

I still wonder if Mountcastles struggles was due at least in part to his vertigo...maybe he will surge again if hes healthy...

13 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I still wonder if Mountcastles struggles was due at least in part to his vertigo...maybe he will surge again if hes healthy...

I’ll say this: O’Hearn really did look helpless against that LHP last night.  There’s a reason he’s had only 7 PA vs. LHP this season.  

Probably will continue to look helpless against lefties if he never gets a chance to hit against them. Can’t look for any improvement if he doesn’t get the reps. 

I shudder at the thought of Mountcastle rejoining this team. At least get Mateo out of there so there aren’t two automatic outs in the lineup near each other.