You can see it

Moose Milligan

25 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I agree but to me his last two starts are not on him. The SD game he threw real well. Hyde thought it was his best all year. The other night that bloop double ruined his night. 

I’m not trying to put it on one guy but I think his performance the rest of the way could be the biggest difference between winning the division and being a WC.  

I think SD was a little different story than his start against CLE. The SD game he gave up 1 ER in 6 IP with 7 K’s and 1 BB. He was objectively very good and the defense let him down.

That pop up against CLE should have been caught and cost him 2 runs. But he also was staked to an early lead and then walked in a run against a .200 hitter the following half inning. The next AB, he couldn’t get a K or an unproductive out against a .150 hitter with a 36% K rate, which resulted in a sac fly. And even before the Naylor double, he had a runner on 1st and 2 outs and walked Ramirez to put Kwan in RISP for Naylor. He only had 2 K’s to go along with the 2 BB’s in 5 innings. 

He was okay against CLE but that bottom of the 2nd was awful and I think he was clearly better against SD - he pitched really well that game. 

In our current "everyday" lineup, only Mullins, Mayo, and O'Hearn, have not been 1st rd draft picks.  Mayo was paid like one.  Mullins is in line to be replaced by one of two 1st rd draft picks in EBJ, and Honeycutt.  

Point being... it's really hard to crack our lineup.  Not only do we trot out a bunch of former 1st rd picks, but mostly guys ranked #1-#50 at the time of their call up.  Closer to the top half of that range.  

Basallo will be the next one up, and he's as high as #4.  

We've definitely grown the bats.  

46 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I actually am from the Bahamas and because of it, I HATE the heat!! 

Haha, I grew up in Florida and HATE the heat as well! I moved to New England for 15 years and loved it as a result.

Now I’m living here in Baltimore and the heat is KILLING me!!!

1 hour ago, Orioles Jim said:

Haha, I grew up in Florida and HATE the heat as well! I moved to New England for 15 years and loved it as a result.

Now I’m living here in Baltimore and the heat is KILLING me!!!

I’m so tired of this summer. Feels like the hottest one we have had in awhile. Not sure the facts back me up but it feels that way. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m so tired of this summer. Feels like the hottest one we have had in awhile. Not sure the facts back me up but it feels that way. 

I have really come to dislike summer other than baseball. It just feels so bad and gross all of the time now. 

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No rain. Extreme humidity. 

Yeah. We have finally had some rain lately. Supposed to get more this week. Need it. Supposed to cool down a little. I can’t wait. 

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

I have really come to dislike summer other than baseball. It just feels so bad and gross all of the time now. 

I’m starting to get that way myself. I don’t mind a little stretch of heat but it feels like it’s been 2 months straight this year.  

I would rather sit in a 20 degrees Ravens game than 85.  

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

It is.   We've tied the all time record for 100 degree days recorded in Baltimore with 6 (last two times with 6 were 1988 and 2010).   And chances are there will be at least one more and it will break the all time record.

The # of 90+ degree days is high too, though it hasn't gotten to any records yet.   But it very well could.

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It is.   We've tied the all time record for 100 degree days recorded in Baltimore with 6 (last two times with 6 were 1988 and 2010).   And chances are there will be at least one more and it will break the all time record.

The # of 90+ degree days is high too, though it hasn't gotten to any records yet.   But it very well could.

Feels like 90 plus for last 6 weeks. 

David Wells said the worst place he ever played in was Baltimore because of the heat and humidity.  It's been pretty bad this year.  But that's why you put a pool in your yard, fellas.  Come on! ;)  Cut the grass - take a dip.  Stain the fence - take a dip.  Drink a beer - take a dip. ;)

43 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. We have finally had some rain lately. Supposed to get more this week. Need it. Supposed to cool down a little. I can’t wait. 

I’m starting to get that way myself. I don’t mind a little stretch of heat but it feels like it’s been 2 months straight this year.  

I would rather sit in a 20 degrees Ravens game than 85.  

Oh man the same here. Give me the cold any day day of the week over this hot weather. Yuck.. I'm ready for Fall. 

8 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

David Wells said the worst place he ever played in was Baltimore because of the heat and humidity.  It's been pretty bad this year.  But that's why you put a pool in your yard, fellas.  Come on! ;)  Cut the grass - take a dip.  Stain the fence - take a dip.  Drink a beer - take a dip. ;)

Or, just stay inside and use the money you would have spent on that pool to pay other people to do those things, and take a two-week vacation in Maine.  

• Upvote 1