Injury Updates

Bahama O's Fan

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Voth may be the first of the injured O's pitchers to come back.  

Elias said we may see GRod soon.  (not injured)  I am thinking Tuesday.

Unless someone is hurt, that would be very surprising. 

He has thrown 3 innings the last  10 days. I tend to doubt they have his first start be in the majors. It may be just one start and up here but I wouldn’t be surprised if they wait a few more starts to get him back into rhythm.

19 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Voth may be the first of the injured O's pitchers to come back.  

Elias said we may see GRod soon.  (not injured)  I am thinking Tuesday.

Oh joy. If I never saw him or Cole Irvin again, I’d be happy. That Irvin trade is horrendous. Hernaiz is 2.5+ years younger than the league and tearing it up, a very clear sign he has superstar potential. Not sure Cole Irvin is the kinda return you should be getting for a player of his caliber. 

3 minutes ago, AdleysPecks said:

Oh joy. If I never saw him or Cole Irvin again, I’d be happy. That Irvin trade is horrendous. Hernaiz is 2.5+ years younger than the league and tearing it up, a very clear sign he has superstar potential. Not sure Cole Irvin is the kinda return you should be getting for a player of his caliber. 

Look at it as a good branding opportunity for the development team, building future trade equity with the As, and a great opportunity for a kid who was blocked here.  

7 minutes ago, AdleysPecks said:

Where would you place him in relation to Henderson, Ortiz or Westburg? How about Mayo, Holliday or even Prieto? I mean, I understand not liking Irvin, but Hernaiz had nowhere to go in Baltimore.

14 minutes ago, AdleysPecks said:

The trade was fine. Hernaiz had zero future here. Solid upside guy but Irvin has been a quality ML back end starter. It was fair value.

23 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Look at it as a good branding opportunity for the development team, building future trade equity with the As, and a great opportunity for a kid who was blocked here.  

Interesting. Might be correct or optimistic, but excellent point. I always thought that happened with the Mancini trade, return seemed a tad high. 

17 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Where would you place him in relation to Henderson, Ortiz or Westburg? How about Mayo, Holliday or even Prieto? I mean, I understand not liking Irvin, but Hernaiz had nowhere to go in Baltimore.

I’d argue why didn’t he buy while selling last trade deadline. We had a team that had a shot and just needed a bit more offense. Could have gotten a bat and maybe a BP arm (while trading Lopez too) for him. His hand was only forced due to bad preparation/planning/over performance of players (good problem). It’s hard to evaluate anyone under the Angelos regime but he’s a master Scouting Director but a mixed bag with trades/free agents. 

8 minutes ago, AdleysPecks said:

I’d argue why didn’t he buy while selling last trade deadline. We had a team that had a shot and just needed a bit more offense. Could have gotten a bat and maybe a BP arm (while trading Lopez too) for him. His hand was only forced due to bad preparation/planning/over performance of players (good problem). It’s hard to evaluate anyone under the Angelos regime but he’s a master Scouting Director but a mixed bag with trades/free agents. 

I'm guessing he was supposed to be shedding payroll... even if it wasn't a lot in the scheme of MLB. That's also why I believe they will not be making any significant additions before the end of the month.

30 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I'm guessing he was supposed to be shedding payroll... even if it wasn't a lot in the scheme of MLB. That's also why I believe they will not be making any significant additions before the end of the month.

Wow. Why don’t you think that? I think if he stands pat, people will be downright pissed, particularly with D. Tate news. 

Edited by AdleysPecks

15 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Means is progressing "extremely well" and could be reinstated in August. 

What is the realistic expectation of Means when he comes back? 

I know usually the first year after returning from TJ surgery can be a mixed bag.