Saturday, July 15: Orioles vs Marlins

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• He told Hyde he was fatigued before Hyde pulled him . Hyde IS off the hook.
    • 6-4 (54 RS, 34 RA) 7-3 (63 RS, 59 RA) 6-4 (40 RS, 28 RA) 7-3 (43 RS, 31 RA) 1-0 vs. NYY, 3-0 at CIN, 1-1 at WSN, 2-1 vs. ARI, 0-1 vs. TOR It’s amazing how sour we can get about losing two games in a row.  
    • As much as I love and believe in Holliday's talent and potential, we have seen time and time again now that prospect rankings matter very little when it comes to getting immediate results at the Major League level. Jackson Chourio was what #2 prospect and what is he doing right now? - .207/.254/.322/.576 Those numbers are not better than Jorge Mateo believe it or not. It goes further than that though. Look at most of the top prospect from last year who have graduated to the MLB. Yes you have Gunnar, Volpe, Casas, Westburg, Jung, Jackson Merrill, and De La Cruz. But look at how bad Carroll has regressed. Look at Francisco Alverarez, Jordan Walker, Brett Baty, Crow-Armstrong, Frelick, Evan Carter, and Wyatt Langford. I would say that the odds are way less than 50-50 given just those 20 or so examples that even a young stud makes an immediate impact. Sure we can be optimistic/hopeful. But the reality is that in 2024 making the jump from AAA to MLB may be harder than ever. And there are no guarantees that your most promising young players will be able to figure things out right away. That's just not very realistic. 
    • You say "right now" as if his production at the plate will continue. It won't, it's only going to get worse. And it's not good to begin with. There's no reason to believe in Mateo aside from small sample size luck. He's just being given preferential treatment because he's a vet, and, similarly to Ryan McKenna, Elias refuses to cut ties with a bad player. That's not good baseball.
    • Everyone slumps. It’s not just free throws or 6ft putts. It’s not just you vs the task. There’s another human out there throwing a baseball armed with top class coaching and scouting as well. Gotta make adjustments. 
    • You're right, overall, and there's not really much room to complain. But I would like to see him turn it up a notch when he's not getting run support. He should be able to out-pitch Berrios and he didn't. It's hard to complain about his overall numbers, but I'm not sure why he can't figure out a way to crank it up there late in the game. You can't allow a hit to Vogelbach. He gave him a cookie and I don't quite get that pitch call. 
    • I’m mostly in this camp.  Burnes is on pace to throw throw 197 innings at a 2.68 ERA, and people are complaining?  I’ve been mildly disappointed that he hasn’t gotten deeper into a few games, but I’d take 197 innings any day.  And you’re right that he’s gotten very little run support of late.  4 runs in the last 4 games.  
  • Popular Contributors