Sunday, July 16: Orioles vs Marlins

86this

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What happened to working the count and elevating the pitch count?  😉

I wasn't in the game thread last night.   Did people complain when Gunnar swung at the first pitch and put it on the flag court?

Just now, SteveA said:

I wasn't in the game thread last night.   Did people complain when Gunnar swung at the first pitch and put it on the flag court?

Nope.

With Gunnar they are more likely to complain that he doesn't swing at the first pitch often enough.

It's a very fine line.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Devo is a very likable but guy he didn't add anything tot he broadcast Friday (I was at the game last night so I didn't hear his 2nd game to see if he improved).   All he did was agree with what Ben or Kevin said, or amplified a point they made, or said that's very nice or something like that.

Yeah, it's just weird that he was just thrown in there. I like Devo, but he just seems like he's more of a one or two inning guest vs a 3rd guy in the booth. Rather have Brian Roberts if they want to add in a 3rd guy.

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

Was there ever an explanation for why Luzardo didn't start this game? I thought maybe they were saving him for a big series coming up, but the Marlins are just going to St. Louis. So what's the deal?

only guess i have is they're trying to start limiting their SP work loads 

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

Was there ever an explanation for why Luzardo didn't start this game? I thought maybe they were saving him for a big series coming up, but the Marlins are just going to St. Louis. So what's the deal?

I'm guessing with Henderson, O'Hearn and Cowser in the top six batters, they felt a Lefty could maybe get through them and turn it over.