Thursday, July 20: Orioles vs Rays to begin the biggest series of the Elias/Hyde era

SteveA

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

SG was born with an incurable disease of making straw men arguments and then claiming that his opponents reading comprehension is poor. 

I mean, it’s an exaggeration but your thoughts on Bautista are so ridiculously wrong and over the top, that’s it’s not that far off.

11 minutes ago, RarityFlaherty said:

Interesting. Where can you find those stats?  I’d guess Frazier has a lot more attempts and they wanted the more experienced guy. 

If you look at the bottom of a player's bbref page there is a link to "event finder" and it goes to this site.

https://stathead.com/baseball/event_finder.cgi

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Or was it really necessary to use Frazier just to bunt?

I didn't have an issue with the bringing in Frazier to bunt. First off, he did the job, but with Bautista able to go two innings, all you really need is that one run most likely and if Hyde felt Frazier gave him the best chance to have that runner at 3rd with one out, I'm ok with that.

27 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I didn't have an issue with the bringing in Frazier to bunt. First off, he did the job, but with Bautista able to go two innings, all you really need is that one run most likely and if Hyde felt Frazier gave him the best chance to have that runner at 3rd with one out, I'm ok with that.

Yeah, what bothers me is that we ended up worse defensively now that we have the lead. Frazier is 11 for 16 in bunts in the same timeframe Ramon is 3 for 4. Frazier definitely has more experience but possibly just because he is a worse hitter? Anyway, it worked out so I am not going to beat Hyde up on this one but I had to do a double take when. I saw that ball hit to Frazier.

• Upvote 1