Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Btw, I wouldn’t Discount the Mets using the Os to drive up price for Houston or LA.

Other than money (which could be a factor but unlikely for a team with an endless treasury like the Mets) what could HOU pay that we couldn’t in terms of prospects?

We have a loaded system with and overabundance of talent (top 1 or 2 in the game), HOU does not have anything close to us.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Verlander would add instant credibility to the Orioles as a World-Series contender. Whether that translates to the diamond, I don't know. But it does generate excitement, drives up attendance, etc.

There's a part of me that could believe that Johnny Boy would want his "look at me" moment as an owner. In a year when they'll do the lease, make the playoffs, etc. He'd get to rub the high salary figure in Dan Connolly's face. Petty stuff like that would seem to fit his whole vibe. 

The question is, does he have the stones to actually commit the money at the end of the day, or does he just want to be in the tweets getting some pub for awhile. 

25 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

No crap it is.  99% of relievers in MLB are a steep drop from Bautista. Sorry. You’re 6th, 7th, and even 8th best reliever, has to pitch. 

Why does Elias keep giving Hyde a fresh arm in the 8th spot of the pen and Hyde not using them. Nobody else has options. 

Sometimes we’re going to lose close games. It happens. We’re lucky, and very spoiled, that we’re this far into the season and have only dealt with a little bit of fatigue from Cano. Remember Bautista was struggling right before the miracle of Cano showed up. 

So we’re so spoiled as a fan base that we’re asking Elias to find the next Cano, not trade away too much, and this next Cano better be able to get 6 outs every two games?  

Seems realistic. 

I think you inferring things with “we” language that don’t speak for me.

I don’t care about finding “the next” Cano. I just want a good reliable guy who can finish his innings with keeping the other team off the bases and scoreboard more often than not. And not need to consistently get bailed out Bautista, thus taxing him further.

Right now Cano is not that guy.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

There's a part of me that could believe that Johnny Boy would want his "look at me" moment as an owner. In a year when they'll do the lease, make the playoffs, etc. He'd get to rub the high salary figure in Dan Connolly's face. Petty stuff like that would seem to fit his whole vibe. 

The question is, does he have the stones to actually commit the money at the end of the day, or does he just want to be in the tweets getting some pub for awhile. 

He will take the Mets eating a significant portion over pay him. He doesn’t care about the farm system. I’m certain that’s where Mike and he disagree 

Just now, btdart20 said:

Are we offering any IF help to Toronto (Mateo, Urias, Westburg, Ortiz...) to fill any Bichette void?

Who's joining my prayer circle that we have zero interest in Pham (even as a throw-in for another deal)?

I hope we aren't in the business of "helping" Toronto.  

7 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Other than money (which could be a factor but unlikely for a team with an endless treasury like the Mets) what could HOU pay that we couldn’t in terms of prospects?

We have a loaded system with and overabundance of talent (top 1 or 2 in the game), HOU does not have anything close to us.

Well, no one can outbid us but we don’t know who Elias is willing to put out there . We also don’t know if JV really wants to come here when it’s all said and done but the Mets can certainly make it seem like it’s a possibility.