Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Why would anyone put the Dodgers on a no trade clause?  I can see Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Oakland, KC, Colorado, Toronto, Pittsburg, Cleveland, Cincinatti and the Marlins.

But LA Dodgers?  Oh hell no.  I would put them on a list like Atlanta and Houston to go to in a hot minute.  

It's standard practice to put the powerhouse franchises like LAD and NYY on your no-trade list. Reason-being is that these teams are the most likely teams to be looking to acquire major league players, and if they're on your no-trade list, you now have leverage to extract additional compensation for your troubles.

No Trade Claudes aren't really about preferred living destinations.

• Upvote 3

Players with limited NTC over X number of teams often choose teams who are most likely to trade for them in their NTC so they have that leverage. Like, nobody wants to play for the A’s, but why waste one of your teams on the A’s when the A’s aren’t going to trade for you. The Dodgers are like the inverse of that. 

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Why would anyone put the Dodgers on a no trade clause?  I can see Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Oakland, KC, Colorado, Toronto, Pittsburg, Cleveland, Cincinatti and the Marlins.

But LA Dodgers?  Oh hell no.  I would put them on a list like Atlanta and Houston to go to in a hot minute.  

Have we discussed the "who's he married to" angle to get a better picture why?

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

A guy puts a team like the Dodgers on his no-trade list because it is likely that that is exactly the kind of team to trade for them and you'll be able to leverage something for yourself.

Oh like getting a new Lamborgini or 250,000 bonus?

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Mets are hedging their bets and dumping salary. They're not fully rebuilding. Alonso isn't on the trade market, and neither is Nimmo or Lindor. The Mets entire idea is to free up some money from the luxury tax and plan to reload from the freed up money in the offseason.

The Mets are positioning themselves to make a play for Ohtani in free agency. 

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Mets are hedging their bets and dumping salary. They're not fully rebuilding. Alonso isn't on the trade market, and neither is Nimmo or Lindor. The Mets entire idea is to free up some money from the luxury tax and plan to reload from the freed up money in the offseason.

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2023/08/01/report-pete-alonso-has-been-available-and-on-the-trade-market-this-whole-past-week/

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Oh like getting a new Lamborgini or 250,000 bonus?

Yeah, something.

As others have said, you don't put the A's or Pirates on your list because they're never going to trade for you.

Wouldn't be interested to know if the O's are on it.

9 minutes ago, vab said:

Why would the Dodgers be on somebody's no trade list? Does he hate year round great weather? Winning? Now that I think about it maybe so.  I guess it would explain why he went to Detroit. 

Shot in the dark possibility.... He doesn't like earthquakes?