Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Just now, dtk9119 said:

I know.. just sad he went in 2 years from one of our key players to winning a WS w/ HOU to now being homeless. Hope someone takes a flyer on him.

I'd like to see him back in an O's jersey.  After he hangs up his cleats and enters his coaching days, that is. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can someone edit the DoB to 1972?

I'm old enough without exaggerating it.

To be fair, you probably had some snappy opinions in the womb.

The grave marker engraver could have done a better job centering that text, too. 

Just now, Tryptamine said:

3 division leaders haven't made any moderate to significant moves by my count. The Reds, Twins and Orioles. I can't imagine that happens a lot.

Teams aren't as dumb as they used to be, especially smaller market teams without a ton of old guys who need to win now.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's still getting paid.

And remember when people were upset we traded him last year?

I thought it was great we traded him. He got to win a WS and we got a prospect. Baseball salaries are crazy. Mancini made $16 million total in his career up until this year and was pretty productive. Now he's not and he'll make $14 million this year and next.

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

I know.. just sad he went in 2 years from one of our key players to winning a WS w/ HOU to now being homeless. Hope someone takes a flyer on him.

He was an 8th round draft pick that has ended up with a respectable ML career and he should be set for life financially without his family's fried pepper money.

I don't feel sad for him.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He was an 8th round draft pick that has ended up with a respectable ML career and he should be set for life financially without his family's fried pepper money.

I don't feel sad for him.

Plus, he can get involved in the game another way if he wants to do so.  He may want to coach/manage...or go to broadcasting.   I'm sure MASN would love to have him!  :)

20 minutes ago, bluedog said:

That trade ended up being basically Bedard for Tillman + Jones.

I'd think Wells + one of the O's Top 100 guys gets in the ballpark and the WS would then ask for a 2nd Top 100 and Elias would respond with 2 or 3 lottery tickets from amongst our non-Top 100 prospects.

Tillman+Jones+Sherrill (who was a solid closer for us, albeit on a bad team).

Mickolio was actually a pretty nice reliever for me in MLB The Show.