Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Reflecting on this fiasco, now I understand why Brandon Hyde is always walking on egg shells during his pre & post game interviews.

How does the ownership ever expect to recruit top talent if that talent is always run out of the organization? People don't watch the Orioles to see an executive. They watch to enjoy the talent that's featured in front of them all game long. (Players, Manager's, and broadcast team.) People want themselves to be entertained. They watch to see the best talent! 

Top talent is what's good for business, but how are you going yo have a good business if all the top talent refuses to work for you because of your history of how you treated your previous talent so poorly? There is a level of fellowship and community that occurs within job professions, and word travels fast.

If you don't have good talent, people aren't going to commit their time and money to see your product. If you treat all your talent poorly, you're not going to get top talent.

Petty behavior is self destructive and it's bad for business.

I don’t think Angelos would mess with Hyde or Elias, he’s picking on a little guy, which is pathetic and who he is.   

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

If you remember in the game thread I was pretty critical of him out there and his comment about the wallet when he came back. Either way, I agree, that is not his strong suit. By the way, this is a good time to put out my extreme dislike of them broadcasting from the rooftop bar with a bunch of drunk people behind them (Including Angelos' wife who think she can just do what she wants). 

I'm glad you agree--yeah, the location choices are poorly handled to say the least. They don't have to be (one cd even make the bar work with the right personnel and right drunks haha), but they are.

2 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

I know they don't want to talk publicly about employee disciplinary manners, but maybe they should re-examine that position when it comes to in-the-public-eye members of the organization.

If it was due to the wallet comment, and they'd been transparent about that, most people would have probably thought, "Sure, that could be seen as an insult to fans.  A suspension might be an over-reaction, but I could also see where they'd find it actionable."  And everyone (except Kevin Brown probably) would have been over it in five minutes and moving on.

But they didn't do that, and this got blown up into the mother of all PR nightmares.  I'd hope they'll learn a lesson from this about transparency, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

They are smart enough to not speak about the details at all.  Anyone in HR knows that.  No need to re-examine.  We may never know the full story, only rumors and I imagine possibly only one side of it.  But I doubt the Orioles will discuss this with anyone not involved in HR and Risk Management.