Camden Yards could get wild

brucewayne

On 8/19/2023 at 2:22 PM, Frobby said:

I remember going to the final home game of 2012.   The O’s could clinch a.playoff spot if they won and the Angels lost either end of a doubleheader they were playing. The game drew 41,000+ and it was very loud.  The O’s won their game, and while people were still celebrating, they started showing the Angels game on the big screen. It was in the last inning and the Angels were on the verge of losing 4-3.  I’d say 3/4 of the fans didn’t budge from their seats, and many of the players hung around the field watching it, since an Angels loss would clinch at least a wild card spot for the O’s. The Angels scored two in the top of the 9th and held off Texas in the bottom of the 9th, so the O’s didn’t end up clinching in front of that crowd.  But later that day, while the O’s were on a flight to Tampa, the Angels lost the nightcap and the O’s clinched their playoff spot.  

I’ll just never forget the sight of 30,000 Orioles fans sitting in their seats watching another team play on TV.  What an exciting September that was.  The O’s drew $40k + six times that month.  

I expect something similar this September.  

I was at that game too.

On 8/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, Going Underground said:

Blue Jays series looks around 21,000 a game at best unless a big walkup. Rockies a little bit better and August 26th should be a huge crowd for Bautista bobblehead. White Sox series looks below 20,000 a game for now. School starting on that Monday for many school systems in the Baltimore area. St Louis usually draws on the road but weekday games and team is not good. Thursday game against Tampa has many tickets.The weekend games with the Rays look decent. Nationals games look low but decent. Red Sox series besides Thursday look good. Saturday game ,lightweight hoodie giveaway could be the best attended game left, depending if the Red Sox are in the WC race and the Red Sox fans buy tickets. We shall see if people buy tickets before the end of the season  to see the Orioles.

So 20,612 tonight. Maybe a little more tomorrow and Thursday.Today and tomorrow look like the best weather days. The White Sox series looks below 20,000 for every game.Monday way below that 

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So 20,612 tonight. Maybe a little more tomorrow and Thursday.Today and tomorrow look like the best weather days. The White Sox series looks below 20,000 for every game.Monday way below that 

It was pretty small crowd and very quiet imo.  Granted there wasn’t lot of offense but we had few chances but crowd never got into it.  

• Like 1