Blue Jays Series - Part 4 (O’s lead 8-2)

RavensNOsGuy

25 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Sure I'm not to be taken seriously, but all I do is stand by my opinions. And my opinion is that Jack Flaherty will not be on the playoff roster.

That is a perfectly fine opinion and I don't have any issue with it.  However, I am just as certain that whether you are right or wrong, the decision has not been made today and wont be made until later.

The Orioles are going to take their best and healthiest guys forward when October arrives, not who is pitching the best on August 22.  There isn't a tremendous amount of time left to consider, but it would be foolish to not let this play out.

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

See, I don’t have any problem with you having that opinion.  I just don’t think that opinion should be based on the 7.07 ERA he’s had in three starts, which is almost entirely due to one bad start he made last time out.  

I just think it's silly to argue about right now.

If his overall #s with the Orioles are as bad on October 1 as they are now, he won't be in the playoff rotation no matter what he did the previous year and a half with SL.   In fact, he will probably have been yanked from the regular season rotation.

But it seems pretty unlikely that will actually happen.

If he pitches about how he has overall this year, I think he's a strong candidate for the post season rotation.

So what is the point of even arguing about it?

1 hour ago, MCO'sFan said:

I don't think it is a lock that Gibson is in the playoff rotation. I hope he isn't. He has some decent starts but overall he isn't very good.  Unless Flaherty has more starts like the last, I think he's in the rotation.

To be clear, I don't think it is a lock Gibson is on the playoff roster for a short series.

Grayson and Bradish are the lead dogs, and one of Flaherty, Kremer or Means are I think favorites over Gibson to be the 3rd bulk guy.      Felix-Wells-Cano (and Hall if he's good, and maybe Coulombe or Fuji) get bigger slices of the relief pie, and the Flaherty/Kremer/Means bulk role losers are also in the mix.

Of course Webb gets ridden if it is another Yennier Cano scenario in which some kind of BAL insight has helped a breakthrough.

• Upvote 1

I'll be watching what happens over the course of the next month plus before I freak out about who is the rotation. If GRod gets bombed tonight, people will be saying he won't be in the playoff rotation. Overreaction Hangout has arrived in this thread.

Flaherty is adjusting to a new team and league, he gets more than 3 starts before I proclaim he's roasted and needs to go.

3 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

For the season Wells has a 1.01 WHIP to Flaherty's 1.5

A 1.5 WHIP does not fit on a playoff roster

Rodriguez has a 1.4 WHIP, do you think he's not going to have another stinker this season? Does he belong on the playoff roster based on the few starts he's had since coming back up? What if Toronto blows his doors off tonight?

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Yesterday was probably the worst loss since the McKenna game simply because of how likely it is that we win if Hyde sticks with Bautista - which was an incredibly EASY decision that he botched and he paid the price. 

It wasn’t that bad of a loss. Bluejays are good.  We went to extra innings and didn’t get it done. We’re 8 games up on them. Win today and it’s all forgotten

2 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

It wasn’t that bad of a loss. Bluejays are good.  We went to extra innings and didn’t get it done. We’re 8 games up on them. Win today and it’s all forgotten

Hyde put the team in a position to lose when he didn’t have to. 

We might get swept or we might win the next two.  We have the best record in baseball vs the better teams so it not like this game determines the entire series.  Eventually we will get swept no team in modern baseball has went an entire season without getting swept but I am not gonna plan on it til I see it happen.  The Dodgers took first two and Kremer pitched and beat Urias.  The Astros won the first two and Kremer beat them.  Even if we lose tonight we still get Kremer to stop a sweep for the third time.