Wednesday afternoon August 30: Orioles try to cap spectacular month with sweep of White Sox

SteveA

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Barring a miracle bottom of the 9th, we will finish August at 18-9.

If Tampa wins tonight, they will finish August 17-8, pretty much the same as us.
If Tampa loses tonight, they will finish August 16-9. a game worse than us.

They have swept one series in the entire month so far (Colorado).   A win tonight would give them a 2nd (a 2 game series vs Miami).
We have already swept two 3 game series this month (Mets and A's).

Not sure where this perception is coming from that they are playing way better than us.   It's been pretty darn even.   We were a LITTLE better than them early in the month and they have been a LITTLE better than us the last week or week and a half.

The frustration is esp after they lost 2 of their best players, we would have at least put a little distance bw us and them before that mid Sept series.

Hope MIA takes care of them tonight.

Good news is I am continuing my ballpark tour and will be at the game Sunday! This AZ series is gonna be challenging. 

• Upvote 1

It goes to show you that there are no easy games in MLB. Maybe some players were in the merrymaking spirit in this game thinking it was going to be easy, and looking past it to the road trip (I recall Frazier or whoever it was running into the last out in the first inning and laughing it off. Please let me know if I didn't see it correctly.)

27 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Reality could be the Rays tear off another 13 game win streak at any point.  2/3 isn’t going to cut it 

If we go 2/3 the rest of the way and win 100+ games and yet still finish 2nd... well, I think in that case you just say the Rays earned it.

They are still going to have to come into town and beat us to win the division.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

If we go 2/3 the rest of the way and win 100+ games and yet still finish 2nd... well, I think in that case you just say the Rays earned it.

Winning 2/3 over a 162 game season equates to 108 wins. While I wanted a win today, I'm not going to complain as long as the O's keep winning series.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SteveA said:

Yep .. it will be something