Thursday, September 14: the Showdown with the Rays for the AL East begins... 7:15 pm on Fox TV

SteveA

The Rays took advantage of their chances, we didn't.  More than one more person to blame but Adley stands out.  Ground ball  DP when all we needed was a fly ball against a tired pitcher.  A few innings later Adley pops up a hanging breaking ball on a 2-1 count.  His SLG % is in the low .300's this month.

Edited by O's84
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dunk35 said:

Their bullpen pitched 4 perfect innings either tied or with a one run lead. 

Os are choking the season away right before our eyes. 

That wasn’t a choke. They got beat.  It happens.  Rays we’re just better tonight and have definitely been hot.  Orioles bats are a bit of a mess at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, baltfan said:

That wasn’t a choke. They got beat.  It happens.  Rays we’re just better tonight and have definitely been hot.  Orioles bats are a bit of a mess at the moment. 

Other than the umpire not helping out much tonight the Orioles have been getting outplayed this week. It's not like any of these games have been stolen from them.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I'm looking at the stuff and what it's capable of doing. Have seen some good innings.

There's capability and then there's results. Lopez has had a half-season of not sucking and that was with the O's last year. He has had no success otherwise. It's not a small sample size either.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Other than the umpire not helping out much tonight the Orioles have been getting outplayed this week. It's not like any of these games have been stolen from them.

It's a problem when you're getting outplayed by Wainwright and Rom. 

This loss wouldn't hurt if they hadn't played like chumps against a crap team.

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

There's capability and then there's results. Lopez has had a half-season of not sucking and that was with the O's last year. He has had no success otherwise. It's not a small sample size either.

Elias likes dumpster diving....look at the rope he gives Mateo.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

1.31 ERA after 21 games with the Twins to start the season. 0.00 after the first 13. The stuff is there.

• Upvote 1