Friday, September 15: Orioles vs Rays, televised exclusively by AppleTV+

SteveA

15 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

You guys do know this team leads the league in comeback wins, right? More than half of their wins...

The posters “complaining” in the game thread have been watching every game start to finish with few exceptions.  We know what was good when we were doing the “comeback win” thing earlier this season and we know the type of pitching we’ve faltered against and we know where our bullpen stands vs where TB’s does.

We know when we’re good - and when we aren’t.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of signs that we’re not pulling this out against TB this weekend.

But even if there weren’t, those who’ve been posting in this thread every game all season have earned the right to vent all they want without all you high-and-mighty know-it-alls coming in here with your superior attitudes about how we “should” be posting in a game thread.

If it’s not to your liking, either put the folks that are annoying you on your ignore list, or go post on X or Facebook or reddit instead.

I’m sick to death of people coming in here simply to talk down to everyone else.  Really tired of it.  Especially those who do it over and over and over again.  Get over yourselves.

• Upvote 2

IF they keep playing like this they will be fortunate to make the playoffs. 

Come winning time the cream rises to the top.  This is now 3 and a half games, 2 of which were against scrub pitchers, where they have done nothing. 

Right now we have the froth......no cream.

Stars win championships.  We don't have those.....yet.  We may in a year.....or 2.

Anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves.  This is a younger version of the Os teams from 2014ish.    Try hard but not that talented. 

Just now, Jagwar said:

It just doesn't seem to me like Flaherty has ever really seemed like a part of this team. He had a great first start, but his reactions and body language never appeared to me like he integrated really well with the team chemistry. But what do I know from my couch. 

He used to be one of the best pitchers in baseball. He isn’t anymore.  It seems like it annoys him. 

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

IF they keep playing like this they will be fortunate to make the playoffs. 

Come winning time the cream rises to the top.  This is now 3 and a half games, 2 of which were against scrub pitchers, where they have done nothing. 

Right now we have the froth......no cream.

Stars win championships.  We don't have those.....yet.  We may in a year.....or 2.

Anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves.  This is a younger version of the Os teams from 2014ish.    Try hard but not that talented. 

They're 11.5 games up on the Jays for the last WC spot with 16 games left. You really think fortune comes into play here?

Just now, Bemorewins said:

We can only hope so. I just struggle to understand the assessment that led to his acquisition. He was pretty bad in the NL Central, did we really think that would improve on the AL East? 

Honestly I think they were just hoping he could eat innings until Means and Hall came back. There wasn’t a lot available.  Most guys acquired have been bad.