I'm kind of glad this is happening now.

vab

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The timing is terrible.  Need to be able to hold a tiebreaker over the Rays, going into a tailspin against the team we're fighting it out for the division is awful.  Winning the division isn't just an accomplishment for fans to brag about, it's important because these guys get some significant rest before their first playoff series.  

No one should be glad about this.  

I dunno, I'd argue that the large majority in the pre-season poll who said they thought the team would win 83-86 games should be glad about this. If anyone has a right to complain it's probably these 7 brave souls.

image.png.f18fcebf134457445edc46d03a38a291.png

• Upvote 2

Best on best tonight a chance to bounce back.    I felt going in Tampa had a notable opportunity in Game 2, and we have one in Game 4.    I know Littell has the standard issue Rays pixie dust, but he's more gettable than their others.

The Glasnow head to head a big alpha dog proving ground for Grayson.     The only 2-2 available left is also the one that would be most disheartening to the Rays.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Best on best tonight a chance to bounce back.    I felt going in Tampa had a notable opportunity in Game 2, and we have one in Game 4.    I know Littell has the standard issue Rays pixie dust, but he's more gettable than their others.

The Glasnow head to head a big alpha dog proving ground for Grayson.     The only 2-2 available left is also the one that would be most disheartening to the Rays.

I'm not sure how hard they'll lean on Littell with him being a reliever mostly. If Glasnow gives them a long outing they are set up pretty well with the pen for tomorrow.

Edited by Malike

As a new guy, I'll say something perhaps a bit controversial, if the Orioles lose the division, I'd fire Hyde. Wouldn't hesitate. That sends a big message to young players that failure is not going to be tolerated.  I'm not one of these fans that thinks losing is a step in the process. It's WS or bust as far as I'm concerned. Losing the first 2 to the Rays at home when you absolutely need those victories is not acceptable. To lose 2/3 to the lowly Cardinals, at home, makes one apoplectic with rage.  If this team allows a division title to slip out of their grasp after the way they've played all year, that's a choke and that's a firing offense in my opinion.  I'm not one of these fans that believes this team is just going to continue to get better and better for five-years before the whole thing comes unraveled again. This team could be wrecked by injuries next season and finish last. Their window is open and the hour glass is running. 

The fact that Jack Flaherty was allowed to pitch again is a black mark against management. Just utter incompetence at the organizational level. The trade looks almost criminal in retrospect. It's Elias's biggest black eye. He got fleeced. Never thought losing 3 lower-tier prospects for a WS-winning starting pitcher would constitute larceny, but the Cardinals flat-out robbed us. And the Orioles seem completely out of ideas on how to get the guys they do have to pitch better or hit better.  

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Robert Drake said:

As a new guy, I'll say something perhaps a bit controversial, if the Orioles lose the division, I'd fire Hyde. Wouldn't hesitate. That sends a big message to young players that failure is not going to be tolerated.  I'm not one of these fans that thinks losing is a step in the process. It's WS or bust as far as I'm concerned. Losing the first 2 to the Rays at home when you absolutely need those victories is not acceptable. To lose 2/3 to the lowly Cardinals, at home, makes one apoplectic with rage.  If this team allows a division title to slip out of their grasp after the way they've played all year, that's a choke and that's a firing offense in my opinion.  I'm not one of these fans that believes this team is just going to continue to get better and better for five-years before the whole thing comes unraveled again. This team could be wrecked by injuries next season and finish last. Their window is open and the hour glass is running. 

The fact that Jack Flaherty was allowed to pitch again is a black mark against management. Just utter incompetence at the organizational level. The trade looks almost criminal in retrospect. It's Elias's biggest black eye. He got fleeced. Never thought losing 3 lower-tier prospects for a WS-winning starting pitcher would constitute larceny, but the Cardinals flat-out robbed us. And the Orioles seem completely out of ideas on how to get the guys they do have to pitch better or hit better.  

Interesting take. Appreciate the thoughtful  response. 

I wouldn't do it but who can say what the answer is?

1 hour ago, Robert Drake said:

I read this and I am at a loss for words. You are tough. Suggest you go to the game thread. There are some on here you'll fit right in with. No offense and welcome aboard but I'm not one of them.

23 hours ago, PsychoBird68 said:

The sky has fallen....SMH....  

I'm very concerned and I just don't think we can compete with any of these AL playoff teams considering how consistent and steady they have been.... We are just to inconsistent !!!! Having two four game losing streaks for the year just isn't playoff worthy....LOL

Like the Astros. Super consistent. Just lost four of their last five games against two teams that *combined* have one more win than the Rays. 

10 hours ago, Robert Drake said:

Firing Hyde would be not only idiotic, but despicable.  Next hot take