Saturday, Sept 23: Orioles at Guardians

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I don't see TB losing more than two games the rest of the way. Orioles will have to win 4-5 games to win the division. They have to win at least one today or tomorrow, win both against Was, and split with the Red Sox.

BTW I don't think it is the worst thing in the world if the O's do end up in the wild card. 

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I don't see TB losing more than two games the rest of the way. Orioles will have to win 4-5 games to win the division. They have to win at least one today or tomorrow, win both against Was, and split with the Red Sox.

Tampa has to go to Boston and still has four left against Toronto, who also needs to win. They could easily lose three of those. 

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I mean I kind of agree.  Atlanta for sure and LA to a little lesser extent look like the best teams in baseball talent wise, and it really isn't close. 

Atlanta to me looks like a lock to win it all although baseball is kind of like hockey in the sense that if you get hot?  Sometimes lesser talent wins.

Doesn't really happen in the NBA or the NFL.

Don't disagree, but the Brewers have the kind of pitching that a lot of people equate with postseasn success.

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

True on that.  But as far as teams they play?  I almost think it would be better to go the WC route.

But the rest would be nice.

They would probably play Toronto and then Tampa. If they have the bye they probably still play Tampa, but with three days off first. 

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

No one has mentioned that in the Rays game there was what looked like an inning ending DP that was overturned. 

The Rays' rookie was safe by plenty. Just a terrible safe call at 1B. Ground ball to SS, perfect DP ball except it took a high hop that Biggio (I think) had to wait for and fielded a little awkwardly, killing the DP chance.

Edited by spiritof66

I have never agreed with the hit by pitch where the hitter makes a half swing towards the pitch.  If he stays still it doesn't hit him.  It is the batters fault for being hit as he started a swing.  Not the pitchers.  It is like falling into home plate on a pitch that is a strike and being hit. 

That being said......Means really is flowing with confidence right now.

So nice to see.