ALDS First Pitch - game start time

springglen

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, the smart people at Fox, as well as the smart people on OH know that the Dodgers and Braves game are on a different network and the NL games are slated to be the evening games, so this doesn’t matter at all.

But keep up with your passive aggressive, moronic jabs at me. Makes your screen name look dumber by the second.

Okay, no more passive aggressive stuff.  Works for me, if you took it that way.  I was just defending the networks and how they operate.  People can disagree, but it should never have to get personal, and you kind of like to go there when someone disagrees with you....not just with me, but with a lot of posters who's thought you disagree with.   Maybe we can both agree to work on out tact.   

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

When I spoke with the rep at the Ravens, he was very matter of fact about things. And I don’t mean that in a bad way but if he says what he said to me to people who actually could be effected, they will be pissed.

Telling people that they have to just “park elsewhere in the city” isn’t going to sit well with a lot of those people.

They'll be so pissed, in fact, that they'll swear off attending Billy Joel concerts at M&T Bank Stadium ever again!

45 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

That's why they have smart people making the decisions, and not random Orioles Hangout posters.  If you're a sponsor of commercials, do you want your high cost, prime-time, national ad shown in front of the Dodgers national following, the Braves following, or the Orioles audience?

I get it that are Orioles fans, but I don't think more people would watch a prime-time Dodger playoff game nationally than the Orioles.  I know that doesn't make us feel good, but that's reality folks.

Yea, that first line wasn’t meant to be personal at all.  Lol. 

I realize this thread is about Saturday's game, but if the Rangers win the series, the most likely game time for Sunday would be around 4:00 pm. That way it's played between the Ravens/Steelers game and the Cowboys/49ers game. I'm not sure if this impacts Saturday's game time. 

On 9/29/2023 at 12:18 PM, springglen said:

For Saturday sounds like prediction is 1pm at the latest given Billy Joel concert next door that evening.

For Sunday probably similar timing or do they move to evening?

Anyone have insight/predictions or know when we will hear formally.  For those of us displaced fans coming in for games (with kids who have school Monday), info appreciated.

Seems from initial post here (predicting a 1pm Saturday start) the question was more about game 2 than game 1 ;) 

32 minutes ago, BobP said:

I realize this thread is about Saturday's game, but if the Rangers win the series, the most likely game time for Sunday would be around 4:00 pm. That way it's played between the Ravens/Steelers game and the Cowboys/49ers game. I'm not sure if this impacts Saturday's game time. 

I predict 3:30pm if facing Rangers but 6:30pm if facing Rays. They won’t do 1pm (football) and will try to avoid Texas team (Rangers or Astros) going up against Cowboys-49ers. 

1 hour ago, justD said:

You knew, at the time you purchased tickets, what the weather would be like on Saturday vs. Sunday?

I’m in a group that shares season tickets, and we have 8 tickets to all the playoff games, 4 in our regular seats and 4 in a less favorable (but still decent) section.  Because I have a larger share of our season tickets than most people in our group, the lead person in our ticket group gave me my choice of 2 seats in the lesser section for game 1 or our regular section for game 2.   Even though the seats aren’t as good, I was inclined to go to game 1 just for the extra pageantry of it.  But then when I heard it might rain Saturday, I opted for game 2.  I didn’t have to decide until yesterday.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m in a group that shares season tickets, and we have 8 tickets to all the playoff games, 4 in our regular seats and 4 in a less favorable (but still decent) section.  Because I have a larger share of our season tickets than most people in our group, the lead person in our ticket group gave me my choice of 2 seats in the lesser section for game 1 or our regular section for game 2.   Even though the seats aren’t as good, I was inclined to go to game 1 just for the extra pageantry of it.  But then when I heard it might rain Saturday, I opted for game 2.  I didn’t have to decide until yesterday.  

Sorry I’ll miss you!

39 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Really hope we get 4:00 or evening for the Sunday game. I have tickets to a once in a lifetime film screening that I can't miss at 2:00. If O's game would go back to back with the film screening that will be totally epic! 

Since there are only two MLB games that day, I don't see a start earlier than 3:30 occurring.  I believe the last ALDS Sunday game we took part in at home was played at 5:00.  4:00 or 5:00 is a likely bet, unless we get the late slot over Houston which would surprise me.