ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

Might as well ask now, what are folks thinking about the probable Rangers-Astros ALCS?

Do you:

• Root for the Rangers because you at least want the Orioles to go out to the eventual champion
  • Root for the Astros because you're mad at the Rangers?
  • Boycott the series out of boiling resentment and try to find out as little as possible about it?

Just now, tntoriole said:

Thing is you can get all the better in the offseason you want.. win 105 next season and still cycle into a slump at playoffs time and out you go. 

Hard to complain about anything a GM has done to build a 101 win team 

I agree with the first part of your statement. But the second part I have some points of departure. It is very clear to me that we need better pitching in order to compete in October. Guys like Baker and Webb are not guys who should be logging post season innings unless you are not planning on winning said game. Also, I look at our projected competition next year (HOU, TEX, ATL, LAD, TAM) we are going to need to bridge the talent gap between us and them IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I believe we are good and could have a deeper lineup next year with Holliday. But as of this moment IMO it looks like we are good but not good enough to win in October (which is what I feared all along). No more Fuji or Flaherty acquisitions please.

5 minutes ago, baltfan said:

We are going to see what this team is made of based on how hard these guys work in the offseason. 

This series is an embarrassment.  I know the players are going to respond, I know that Elias, Sig and their crowd are going to respond... did I miss anybody?

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It seems like we are always the one running into the team playing hot and have not been that team in playoffs 

Yep, and because we don't go to the playoffs often, our lives are flying by as the team we care about and love spends about 8 out of every 10 years completely irrelevant and uncompetitive. Then, when they do go to the playoffs, a team that makes it there much more often than us just makes us look like absolute buffoons on the national stage for caring about a team this consistently bad.

Rinse and repeat, all my life. I've never known any different, and I'm an old man (in the sense of being old enough to be the father of some teenagers).