Bauer?

Nite

6 hours ago, SemperFi said:

I'm not sure why some think his legal staus absolves his conduct.  He answers to his MLB contract first which has numerous morals clauses which he was found to have violated.  The standards are very different and I applaud MLB for protecting their brand.  

Because he was found of no wrongdoing. His conduct, as you call it, usually stays in the bedroom with consenting adults and doesn't come to light. This came out, the media ran with it, everyone took it for truth and judged the man via mob mentality, and in the end the legal process showed he didn't abuse this girl; in fact she was the predator. If her fake lawsuit wasn't allowed to become a national news story, bauer would be like every other ball player who has their own private life with consenting adults behind closed doors 

If anything it should be an example as to why we have to talk to our sons about how you need to not only treat women well and look for the good ones, but also to be careful and look out for predatory women and don't put yourself into shady sexual situations with people you don't trust, bc people are always looking to support a good public lynching drummed up via the virtue signal

let's applaud MLB for sticking with the corporate status quo and not hearing the truth at any cost in order to put their image (ability to make money) above All things else

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Imagine thinking Trevor Bauer was a mediocre pitcher.  Not much else you say can be taken seriously after that. 

So is this how you passive aggressively call me out without responding to my post? He has seven mediocre/average seasons compared to three great seasons. And he admitted to cheating (to get better). Imagine being so naive and brainwashed that you can simply ignore the numbers and facts. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Because he was found of no wrongdoing. His conduct, as you call it, usually stays in the bedroom with consenting adults and doesn't come to light. This came out, the media ran with it, everyone took it for truth and judged the man via mob mentality, and in the end the legal process showed he didn't abuse this girl; in fact she was the predator. If her fake lawsuit wasn't allowed to become a national news story, bauer would be like every other ball player who has their own private life with consenting adults behind closed doors 

If anything it should be an example as to why we have to talk to our sons about how you need to not only treat women well and look for the good ones, but also to be careful and look out for predatory women and don't put yourself into shady sexual situations with people you don't trust, bc people are always looking to support a good public lynching drummed up via the virtue signal

let's applaud MLB for sticking with the corporate status quo and not hearing the truth at any cost in order to put their image (ability to make money) above All things else

First of he wasn't found anything, he hasn't been adjuticated.  

My point is that he signed a MLB contract and is subject to the CBA which includes the Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy which is designed to be wholly seperate from the judicial system.  He was found guilty of violating the policy and was suspended.  He never questioned the finding only the legnth of suspension.  Those are facts.  

I'm not privy to the MLB investigation and I'm pretty sure you aren't,  MLB investigations are professional and extremely thorough and they didn't look into just the one incident you mentioned-they looked at similar instances in other cities specifically Cincinnati.  MLB teams were given access to the report and all declined to even offer him the veteran minimum.  

• Upvote 1