Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not exactly suggesting a murderers row of prospect names here:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/11/looking-for-a-match-in-a-dylan-cease-trade.html

That article is just throwing out random names, in many cases guys who are trade candidates in general.  For example, the Sox would have no interest in Jonathan India even if the Reds would like to move him for SP.  If we move Cease, it will be for near major league ready prospects with extensive control.

34 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not exactly suggesting a murderers row of prospect names here:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/11/looking-for-a-match-in-a-dylan-cease-trade.html

And if you want more relevant names, I do like this list a bit better 😁

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10096703-the-top-10-landing-spots-for-white-sox-sp-dylan-cease-amid-mlb-trade-rumors.amp.html

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That article is just throwing out random names, in many cases guys who are trade candidates in general.  For example, the Sox would have no interest in Jonathan India even if the Reds would like to move him for SP.  If we move Cease, it will be for near major league ready prospects with extensive control.

That site is great in terms of a place where rumors are compiled in one spot and it doesn’t mean you have to go 10 different sites.

That said, I do get the impression that they gotten some sources over the years and I just wonder if they are hearing that the returns won’t be as big as WS fans hope.

That said, I tend to side with the idea that this is more bs than truth but I do think it’s fair to say that it’s more likely WS fans will be disappointed with the return vs glad it happened.

46 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’d offer quantity ….Cowser, Willems, Povich, Norby, and Stowers

Judging by that Braves, it’s possible they value quantity.

Obviously these are 2 different types of players but they have nothing in their system or on their team, so they may want as many bullets as they can get.  We just don’t know.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Judging by that Braves, it’s possible they value quantity.

Obviously these are 2 different types of players but they have nothing in their system or on their team, so they may want as many bullets as they can get.  We just don’t know.

I don’t think they’ll pursue quantity in a Cease trade.  We don’t have any other assets other than Robert who can land potential impact talent, so Getz will likely be swinging for the fences to some degree with Cease.

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think they’ll pursue quantity in a Cease trade.  We don’t have any other assets other than Robert who can land potential impact talent, so Getz will likely be swinging for the fences to some degree with Cease.

I tend to agree but guys like, for example, Norby, Stowers and Povich have upside to be impact players but there is obviously more risk and less of a certainty.

Do they want 1-2 guys with 3-5 WAR potential or do they want 3-5 guys with 1-5 WAR potential?