Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Did you look at the comments on the video?  Nobody was complimentary of the swing.

We'll have to see, and this guy brings a ton to the diamond outside of the batter's box, but that is not a swing built to drive the ball 400 feet.

I saw some comments that hated the swing.  Doesn’t mean much to me.  Can he hit and can he hit for some power.  If he can, I don’t care if someone thinks his swing is not a thing of beauty.   Hunter Pence had a weird swing.   As long as it gets the job done.  I honestly think the swing looks good but I’m no Ted Williams.  I can see it with Dylan Beavers.  Can’t see anything strange here.  I guess I’m not as technical as you guys.

13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Did you look at the comments on the video?  Nobody was complimentary of the swing.

We'll have to see, and this guy brings a ton to the diamond outside of the batter's box, but that is not a swing built to drive the ball 400 feet.

Nothing screams baseball expert like someone commenting on Instagram.

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Looks smooth to me.  I also think people are underestimating his power.  He might not be a 20 homer guy but he’s not a single digit homer guy either.   Looks like he has pretty good leverage in that swing.  I guess we’ll see.

I like his balance, head control, path to the ball, and extension through the ball.  Lotta positives.  He’s an athletic dude.  Sometimes you just gotta let athletes be athletic.  Hoping for the best.  

He’s got pop.  He’s a strong dude. 

Edited by emmett16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I saw some comments that hated the swing.  Doesn’t mean much to me.  Can he hit and can he hit for some power.  If he can, I don’t care if someone thinks his swing is not a thing of beauty.   Hunter Pence had a weird swing.   As long as it gets the job done.  I honestly think the swing looks good but I’m no Ted Williams.  I can see it with Dylan Beavers.  Can’t see anything strange here.  I guess I’m not as technical as you guys.

If this guy can just hit line drives into the alleys that could be enough power with everything else he does.

15 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Tell you what.  When it’s mid season and he’s got 2 homers feel free to rib me.  On the other hand, I’m going to link to his first 400 foot homer and do the same.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

If this guy can just hit line drives into the alleys that could be enough power with everything else he does.

True but he’s going to hit some home runs too.  More than 10 THIS season.   Book it.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Tell you what.  When it’s mid season and he’s got 2 homers feel free to rib me.  On the other hand, I’m going to link to his first 400 foot homer and do the same.

No, that's always the game.  We all agree to that by being on the internet.  

9 hours ago, Pickles said:

Well, I won't argue semantics, and we can agree to disagree, but his swing does not look smooth to me, and it's easy to see why people question the power potential.

I’m sure they are working with him. Even if he’s a 10-15 homerun guy it’s fine if he’s piling on the doubles. 

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

How did we get this far off topic. Did someone suggesting trading Bradfield in a trade for Cease?

51 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

How did we get this far off topic. Did someone suggesting trading Bradfield in a trade for Cease?

It’s actually your fault for mentioning Cook and Haskins as being outfield depth that was “close”.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It’s actually your fault for mentioning Cook and Haskins as being outfield depth that was “close”.

Ok …. 

Haskins was .268/.368/ .831 in 80 or so at bats at AAA. He’s a good defender in the OF. I’d like to see him develop some power. I’d agree he’d  need to in order to be more than a Joe Orsulak type. Cook will need to improve at the plate to have a real shot. But, he did hit 24 bombs and drive in 80. He strikes out a ton so he is a work in progress.