Naoyuki Uwasawa Offer Being Prepared?

Can_of_corn

3 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Not saying it would be a bad signing.  But it doesn't really seem to jive with what Elias said earlier about wanting to add reinforcements to the "front end" of our rotation.  Maybe we would add another guy as well?

I think Uwasawa could be a good acquisition to bolster the back half of the starting rotation. What I don't want is this to turn into the only major pitching acquisition of this offseason.

10 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Not saying it would be a bad signing.  But it doesn't really seem to jive with what Elias said earlier about wanting to add reinforcements to the "front end" of our rotation.  Maybe we would add another guy as well?

I think we need to take whatever Elias says with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to offseason plans.  It's obvious that he will say one thing and then do another.  Maybe that's intentional, maybe it's not but it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Sticker shock?  Same thing happened last year.   Starts out with big dreams and ends up with Wells being the 5th starter and Uwasawa in pen to start the season.   Than if Wells needs a break from the rotation in the 2nd half Elias has McDermott, Uwasawa and Irvin  to pick from.

18 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I think a trade would still be very much on the table, though I would never say that a trade is likely. 

I see this is a good way to jump the market and get a guy for less than ML FA value, with upside. Doesn't sound like the contract will hinder further moves.

Still like Wacha as an option. He could be a #3 in this rotation no problem.