Naoyuki Uwasawa Offer Being Prepared?

Can_of_corn

Just now, Malike said:

Absolutely, the question was is there a limit, and I was just saying yes, there is. If it's 1 more pitcher that will put us over the top then that is something well within reach, if we want 5 number 1-2 starters with 3+ years of control, it's much less likely.

No, there is no limit. There is no rule against having more.  If you want 5 1’s, you can have 5 1s. 

That is what I was saying.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

No, there is no limit. There is no rule against having more.  If you want 5 1’s, you can have 5 1s. 

That is what I was saying.

I mean, but there really sort of is, if that were the case there would be teams with 5 number 1s and even the biggest spenders can't do that. There are a lot of things that can be hypothetically true but would not translate in the real world. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

You're pretty off-base here honestly. I don't think anyone who knows ball would think Cease and his 2 years of control is more valuable than either Grayson Rodriguez or Kyle Bradish. 

Not off base never said that What i said was Cease was worth more than your prospect package for a number 1 or 2 starter 2 years ago

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m just pointing out that to the extent folks are coveting a no. 1-2 starter with 3+ years of control remaining, we arguably have two of those already.  Like you, I’d be very happy getting Cease to complement them.  I’ve discussed that at length in the Cease thread.  

This is where I am.  And to me, Cease is the upgrade over the Gibson type.  Innings eater on steroids.  

Dream world would be a trade for Crease as innings eater type and a trade for a Burnes type talent for our playoff run next year.  

If we could get Cease AND Robert’s I’d put Holliday or Mayo on the table.  Then reach out to MIL and see if we could get Burnes for Mullins & Kremer.  

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

@Tony-OH, were you aware that you have no understanding of what Elias is doing?

No one on here knows what they are doing or how they operate.  Even then incredibly knowledgeable and well-respected @Tony-OH doesn’t have insights into their plans, strategies, or tactics.  It’s foolish to suggest otherwise.  

22 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

No one on here knows what they are doing or how they operate.  Even then incredibly knowledgeable and well-respected @Tony-OH doesn’t have insights into their plans, strategies, or tactics.  It’s foolish to suggest otherwise.  

Yet it didn’t stop you from making that post. And yes, it’s obvious what they are doing and it’s been obvious what they are doing.

Tony was probably the biggest voice against the OHearn signing, so I’m just wondering if he knows that he is clueless about what Elias is doing, as you stated.

Don’t worry, it’s a question for him not for you.

Edited by Sports Guy

31 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yet it didn’t stop you from making that post. And yes, it’s obvious what they are doing and it’s been obvious what they are doing.

Tony was probably the biggest voice against the OHearn signing, so I’m just wondering if he knows that he is clueless about what Elias is doing, as you stated.

It’s funny how calling you out on a ridiculous comment has morphed into you claiming I said Tony is clueless.  

8 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

It’s funny how calling you out on a ridiculous comment has morphed into you claiming I said Tony is clueless.  

What ridiculous comment?

And you used OHearn as an example as how people don’t truly understand what Elias is doing. If you don’t understand something, you are clueless as to what is happening. 

Tony was the largest voice against that signing. So, if you are saying that ohearn is an example of people not understanding, you are saying those who spoke out against that signing (and btw, you certainly weren’t excited about it) don’t understand what’s going on.

Edited by Sports Guy

On 11/28/2023 at 12:41 PM, interloper said:

International signings are always fun. This would remind me a lot of a Duquette signing, but with the benefit of a strong pitching department and better ways to analyze these guys. 

Say what you want about some of his International signings, he did sign Wei Yin Chen to a great deal! 

I do think the current staff have more analytics to evaluate the talent on than Duquette's staff did so does make me feel a little better. Then again they thought they could fix Fuji too.

57 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Wait, don't drag me into your fight. :D

I remember not being thrilled with the O'Hearn signing because I thought the cost of a guy who was going to be AAA depth at #1.3 million was unnecessary. I do also remember saying that he did have some analytics that suggested he'll be better without the shift. Let's remember though, I thought Stowers was going to be a semi-regular between RF/LF/DH and not buried like they did early in the season last year. 

I don't remember anyone thinking O'Hearn was going to have the year he ended up having.

Now I was probably the biggest voice against the Frazier signing and I was right. That signing never made sense for the dollar amount and the players already on hand.

But this is a Uwasawa thread. Back to that.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wait, don't drag me into your fight. :D

I remember not being thrilled with the O'Hearn signing because I thought the cost of a guy who was going to be AAA depth at #1.3 million was unnecessary. I do also remember saying that he did have some analytics that suggested he'll be better without the shift. Let's remember though, I thought Stowers was going to be a semi-regular between RF/LF/DH and not buried like they did early in the season last year. 

I don't remember anyone thinking O'Hearn was going to have the year he ended up having.

Of course people didn’t think he would. The stupidity of all of these arguments are these people who think it’s some ridiculous thought that people think guys who have been complete failures for their career are not worthy of signing and that the team should be aiming higher. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Of course people didn’t think he would. The stupidity of all of these arguments are these people who think it’s some ridiculous thought that people think guys who have been complete failures for their career are not worthy of signing and that the team should be aiming higher. 

Those same people would be upset if we had traded for Robert Stephenson during last season.  However, they'd be thrilled if we gave Stephenson 3/39.  

The dream online team is to have an all home grown group of position players headlined by a pitching staff of Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer for next year.  Maybe people would be upset if we couldn't pull off a Beavers/Norby trade for Spencer Strider.  

• Confused 1