If not Cease..then who?

Sports Guy

28 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ok. Made me look.

Soju is a clear and colorless Korean distilled alcoholic beverage. It is usually consumed neat. Its alcohol content varies from about 12.9% to 53% alcohol by volume, although since 2007 low alcohol soju below 20% has become more popular. Wikipedia

53% ?   That should do the job.

Very similar to vodka.  Soju (소주) is made from potato. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I think there's a delta here on the board with what we feel like they should do and what they're actually going to do based on their track record.

I agree that they should be packaging guys like Norby, Stowers, Cowser/Kjerstad, Ortiz...I don't know what good it does to start the season with all of those guys still in the organization other than to say you have depth for depth's sake.  

Getting back to the FA list, what guys on the list do you think are realistic?  Would you be upset if they got Wacha?  

Well the problem with this thought is that the team is just in a different place now. 

They aren’t going to spend real money..it’s a pipe dream.

You and @Pickles aren’t wrong.,ERod should be realistic (I would still rather have Cease) but he’s not…not with this garbage owner And I don’t think it’s realistic to think Elias would sign him even if JA was ok with it.

But trades should be different now. Elias isn’t stupid. He knows he has good players and he knows he can’t play them all. He HAS to trade guys. We can debate who he has to trade but some guys absolutely have to be dealt.

He hasn’t done it yet because he hasn’t tried to win. Even last offseason, you can question just how much he thought the team would win in 2023 if your barometer is what he did in the offseason.

But this offseason is different. There are no excuses left. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well the problem with this thought is that the team is just in a different place now. 

They aren’t going to spend real money..it’s a pipe dream.

You and @Pickles aren’t wrong.,ERod should be realistic (I would still rather have Cease) but he’s not…not with this garbage owner And I don’t think it’s realistic to think Elias would sign him even if JA was ok with it.

But trades should be different now. Elias isn’t stupid. He knows he has good players and he knows he can’t play them all. He HAS to trade guys. We can debate who he has to trade but some guys absolutely have to be dealt.

He hasn’t done it yet because he hasn’t tried to win. Even last offseason, you can question just how much he thought the team would win in 2023 if your barometer is what he did in the offseason.

But this offseason is different. There are no excuses left. 

We agree, they are in a different place.  And they should be able to trade these guys....I agree, he HAS to.  

I just don't know who is on the market from other teams.  The Woo thing sounds good in theory, but you started the OP talking about what's realistic which is why I tried to steer it towards FA.  In talking about free agents, there's a bit more clarity on what could be realistic.

Even though we agree that he has to trade some of these guys, I can see a scenario where he holds his cards until the deadline during next summer.

44 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ok. Made me look.

Soju is a clear and colorless Korean distilled alcoholic beverage. It is usually consumed neat. Its alcohol content varies from about 12.9% to 53% alcohol by volume, although since 2007 low alcohol soju below 20% has become more popular. Wikipedia

53% ?   That should do the job.

Soju is fantastic but in the US they treat it like fine liquor. In South Korea it's their version of Wild Irish Rose, it's dirt cheap.

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

Soju is fantastic but in the US they treat it like fine liquor. In South Korea it's their version of Wild Irish Rose, it's dirt cheap.

I was born without the alcohol gene.  I'm good with some iced tea or root beer.   I was a social drinker but I've decided not to be that social anymore. Lol

• Haha 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

I was born without the alcohol gene.  I'm good with some iced tea or root beer.   I was a social drinker but I've decided not to be that social anymore. Lol

Yeah, I rarely drink, I was more of a social drinker when I was a young man, but in my old age, if I have a drink at dinner once a month, that's a good month.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

He probably saw this jabroni post it on X:

In my opinion, this guy is not a reputable source:

“Fits thrown around “ doesn’t relay that it’s legit info on either player. I’m sure Elias has been actively making calls to teams and agents looking for fits.