If not Cease..then who?

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Touchy, touchy SG.  Sorry for giving you a hard time, I regret ruffling your feathers even though it's a wonderful plume.

Because I think Ed-Rod SHOULD be realistic, even though he's not.  

The whole point of that post was to get you and everyone else to agree what a definition of "realistic" so we can have a conversation with that definition in mind.    

I don't think it's realistic that they do acquire a top 3 starter.  They're going to bank on a full year of a healthy Means, they're going to bank on that 2nd half G-Rod is going to be able to throw close to that for a full year and that Bradish can repeat what he did.

They'll go after someone like Lugo or Wacha, since they'll consider them a "#3".  Hopefully, if they are at the same spot at the deadline in 2024 as they were this season, they make a significant move for a true difference-making pitcher.   Not holding my breath, though.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But keep butting your nose into those that have nothing to do with you.

The comment I quoted you on above was taken from when you “butted your nose into those that had nothing to do with you”.  Can’t make this stuff up.  You’re on a roll today.  Again.  Carry on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Does he throw a gyroball?  Remember, that's the pitch that Dice-K threw and it would break twice.  

A gyroball isn’t even Japanese.  It’s Greek.  This guy throws a sake ball that makes you see two balls and you don’t know which one to swing at.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Touchy, touchy SG.  Sorry for giving you a hard time, I regret ruffling your feathers even though it's a wonderful plume.

Because I think Ed-Rod SHOULD be realistic, even though he's not.  

The whole point of that post was to get you and everyone else to agree what a definition of "realistic" so we can have a conversation with that definition in mind.    

I don't think it's realistic that they do acquire a top 3 starter.  They're going to bank on a full year of a healthy Means, they're going to bank on that 2nd half G-Rod is going to be able to throw close to that for a full year and that Bradish can repeat what he did.

I’m not sure I agree about trade candidates not being realistic. Team is in a different spot now but yes, I can see why you would say that and I do agree it’s fair to say that until they do it, we should doubt them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

The comment I quoted you on above was taken from when you “butted your nose into those that had nothing to do with you”.  Can’t make this stuff up.  You’re on a roll today.  Again.  Carry on.  

Actually, I was just responding to Frobby. But yes, I did but my nose into your liberal bs comment. So yes, that is hypocritical of me but liberalism always deserves a wtf comment.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Let’s get a guy from the KBO that throws a soju ball.

Ok. Made me look.

Soju is a clear and colorless Korean distilled alcoholic beverage. It is usually consumed neat. Its alcohol content varies from about 12.9% to 53% alcohol by volume, although since 2007 low alcohol soju below 20% has become more popular. Wikipedia

53% ?   That should do the job.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Actually, I was just responding to Frobby. But yes, I did but my nose into your liberal bs comment. So yes, that is hypocritical of me.

I told myself I wouldn’t  respond again.  lol.

Liberal BS comment?  My comment had nothing to do with politics whatsoever, but to point out that there are a lot of well-off Latin players who have access to the very best training and the demands of the best trainers down there go to the folks that can pay.  Similar to what has happened in the states.   You inserted politics and made assumptions.  Then followed that up with insults. 👏👏👏

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not sure I agree about trade candidates not being realistic. Team is in a different spot now but yes, I can see why you would say that and I do agree it’s fair to say that until they do it, we should doubt them.

Yeah, I think there's a delta here on the board with what we feel like they should do and what they're actually going to do based on their track record.

I agree that they should be packaging guys like Norby, Stowers, Cowser/Kjerstad, Ortiz...I don't know what good it does to start the season with all of those guys still in the organization other than to say you have depth for depth's sake.  

Getting back to the FA list, what guys on the list do you think are realistic?  Would you be upset if they got Wacha?