Who is a prospect you hope isn’t traded…

Sports Guy

For reference because it's likely we'll be adding to this list, here's a list of prospects we've traded away since the start of 2022:

Darrell Hernaiz (1/26/23 for Cole Irvin & Kyle Virbitsky)

Cesar Prieto (8/1/23 for Jack Flaherty)

Zack Showalter (8/1/23 for Jack Flaherty)

Drew Rom (8/1/23 for Jack Flaherty)

Easton Lucas (7/19/23 for Shintaro Fujinami)

Luis De La Cruz (1/13/23 for James McCann)            

Edited by UMDTerrapins
  • Upvote 1

I would have no problems with Elias trading any player other than Holliday, Mayo, Basallo and Kjerstad.  If you mean what lower rated prospect would you not like traded, I would say Bradfield, because the O's don't have another replacement for Mullins.  Fabian looked like a possible replacement at one point, but it's questionable if he can hit MLB pitching. 

Thomas Sosa.  I am very interested to see if he continues to fill out and how he does this season.  He went from a small lean kid to almost grown man in one year.  The skills were apparently there before hand but just didn’t have size or fill out.  Now we are seeing a bigger guys with good ball to bat skills and impressive exit velocities.  He could become fast riser imo.  

• Like 1

I don't want them to trade Braylin Tavera.  I think he's going to have a Basallo-type breakout this year.  

I'd be ok with them trading Joey Ortiz.  He's a good prospect and we shouldn't give him away for peanuts, but I feel like the O's have a surplus of talented middle infielders and there isn't room for him.  Better to trade him now than make him repeat AAA.  

45 minutes ago, now said:

Hey can you pass that thing over here, please? ;)

It’s a long shot for any prospect to break out the way Basallo did last year but I’m certainly hopeful that Tavera, Soto, or Arias breaks out in a way that puts them into top 100 conversations next year.   

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

It’s a long shot for any prospect to break out the way Basallo did last year but I’m certainly hopeful that Tavera, Soto, or Arias breaks out in a way that puts them into top 100 conversations next year.   

Top 100's a good start!