The Dominican Academy opens tomorrow

interloper

1 hour ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Includes another statement from the O's mentioning "the Partnership Group" and not John Angelos in providing credit for the development, same as when the stadium lease was agreed to. Still hoping these are subtle signs he's at the very least fading into the background or even on the way out.

I was happy to see that the name Angelos wasn't uttered once, nor do I recall seeing him shown once, in the Orioles 101 highlight movie that was released last night.   I don't think they even showed him in the locker room celebrations, although I believe he was there.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Even though the article didn’t mention it, I’ll be surprised if Angelos doesn’t come to the opening ceremony on Tuesday.  

It's Tuesday?  They missed an opportunity there.   If they had the ceremony Monday no one would dare ask him a question.

• Haha 4

Good progress.    I'd imagine Samuel Basallo will not require a dorm room as he'll be in Sarasota next month, some Bowie-Norfolk apartments, and who knows where by fall.

But he's I guess the Big Man on Campus for a quick minute.

I don't know if Basallo has (and I'm sure many of the other kids have not) met guys like Vlad, Sr., Tejada or Nelson IRL, so what a feel good experience for the guys following Basallo and Braylin.

53 minutes ago, connja said:

Anyone seen any photos of this new Academy??  Crazy they don't have more PR following the opening.

The official opening is Tuesday.  I’m sure there will be photos up the wazoo.