Bauer interested in O's

Bigbie03

21 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Well it's certainly starting to "drone" on a bit ;)

It's also pretty hysterical that after his big interview on Fox where Bauer claimed he regretted how he handled the media he immediately had his lawer send a threatening letter to...a member of a the media. Bauer's like a less sincere modern day version of Eddie Haskell.

This guy is isn't what I consider "the media."  He has a lot of followers but he seems more like a "I live in my parents basement" blogger. No one in the media would respond with this type of profanity. He seems like a D-bag as much as Bauer. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

This guy is isn't what I consider "the media."  He has a lot of followers but he seems more like a "I live in my parents basement" blogger. No one in the media would respond with this type of profanity. He seems like a D-bag as much as Bauer. 

He was previously the lead national baseball writer for NBC Sports, where he launched and edited the blog HardballTalk.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Stars_of_Major_League_Baseball.html?id=2wePEAAAQBAJ&source=kp_author_description

I don't read his stuff anymore but that's kinda disrespectful.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Disprectful and also a bit irrelevant to the point that I was trying to make. I'd also say that Bauer sicking his legal dogs on a "lives in my parent's baseman" blogger after claiming he had turned over a new leaf is even worse. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Disprectful and also a bit irrelevant to the point that I was trying to make. I'd also say that Bauer sicking his legal dogs on a "lives in my parent's baseman" blogger after claiming he had turned over a new leaf is even worse. 

Agreed.  Petty and stupid...if he really wanted to show teams he's "matured", he should just ignore stuff like this.

So Trevor Bauer doesn't even run Trevor Bauer's social media accounts........

"Even on social media this winter, you were criticized for an incident where you supported a Navy officer whose negligent driving had killed two people in Japan. I understand you know him and I am sure you meant well but, when you’re asking for second chances, I might wonder: Haven’t you already gotten a second chance that way?

So I’m wondering, if I sign you, knowing how prominent you are on social media, how can I trust that there isn’t going to be some kind of controversy for my team down the road?

That one hurts, because I didn’t post that. People who run my account posted that. "

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2024-02-22/trevor-bauer-seeking-a-team-dodgers-mlb-rob-manfred

Edited by SemperFi

I wish this thread would just go to the MLB section where it belongs.   Bauer isn’t coming here, and the fact that he made one comment about the O’s being a “great fit” doesn’t justify a thread on the O’s board that just collects every random thing he says or does.   

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wish this thread would just go to the MLB section where it belongs.   Bauer isn’t coming here, and the fact that he made one comment about the O’s being a “great fit” doesn’t justify a thread on the O’s board that just collects every random thing he says or does.   

Yeah, I think the door is closed. The JT signing was our cheap vet deal. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Or maybe just lock the thread and call it a day? Someone can start a new one if there's every something tangible linking him to the Orioles. 

4 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Not interested in getting into a back and forth but it was not irrelevant since your premise was he went after a member of the media. I pointed out that in my opinion this guy is not a member of the "media." You may disagree and that is fine... but not irrelevant. 

• 2 weeks later...