Spring Training Lineups

DirtyBird

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Heck yeah. Other than Nevin and Perez, that's like every fun prospect-y guy you'd want to see in there at the same time. Can't wait until they let Basallo DH. 

On mlb.tv too.  I’ll be tuning in.

40 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Now today is the first “B” lineup

Every road game is a B lineup.  They are supposed to take 1-2 ML regulars but I guess it’s not enforced.  Guys who are penciled in to regular spots generally don’t have to make the road trips in the spring.

Edited by RZNJ

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Heck yeah. Other than Nevin and Perez, that's like every fun prospect-y guy you'd want to see in there at the same time. Can't wait until they let Basallo DH. 

Exactly.  If you add Gunnar and Rutschman and move one of the guys to first base, then you have a future lineup.  I agree with Basallo and I also can't wait to see Bradfield some day in CF.

20 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Really fun lineup today.

Beautiful. If only Basallo could catch. The B team would definitely finish with a better record than the CWS. 😜  The darn lineup even has L/R balance with positional flexibility. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Is there any 600 OPS hitter more beloved by his team than Mateo is?

I don't know that he's "beloved" or that they just think they can still use him while he's relatively cheap.  I don't know what good putting him at 2B is, other than that maybe they are looking at offers for Urias and want to see if he can play there.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Is there any 600 OPS hitter more beloved by his team than Mateo is?

4 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I don't know that he's "beloved" or that they just think they can still use him while he's relatively cheap.  I don't know what good putting him at 2B is, other than that maybe they are looking at offers for Urias and want to see if he can play there.

I like that they are playing him at 2B. That shows they aren't thinking of him as a platoon SS. More like a platoon utility guy to rest a variety of LHB starters. Hopefully he gets some OF innings too