Bowden @The Athletic: 1 player from each team making an impact in ST

7 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Stowers is making his 5th start of the spring today in game 15. I'm not so sure about the impact he's making.

I wouldn’t think anybody has  much more than 5 starts so far. Still tons of players in camp

So many left handed outfielders. Eventually one of them will be traded. Stowers has the least trade value, but it makes me wonder if that means someone else should be moved and the difference between Stowers and Kjerstad or Cowser wouldn’t be that much and easily makes up for whatever we bring in for one of the the latter two.

59 minutes ago, oriole said:

So many left handed outfielders. Eventually one of them will be traded. Stowers has the least trade value, but it makes me wonder if that means someone else should be moved and the difference between Stowers and Kjerstad or Cowser wouldn’t be that much and easily makes up for whatever we bring in for one of the the latter two.

Sorry to disagree but I think the difference between Stowers and Kjerstad is considerable. I’m not sure about Cowser …but I agree that Cowser and Kjerstad have considerably more trade value at the moment.

33 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Sorry to disagree but I think the difference between Stowers and Kjerstad is considerable. I’m not sure about Cowser …but I agree that Cowser and Kjerstad have considerably more trade value at the moment.

Don’t have to be sorry, I think you’re probably right. I just wonder if it’s worth having Stowers + a good high leverage RP (just an example) or Kjerstad and a lottery ticket prospect. Maybe if Kjerstad is packaged with Norby then we’re talking about a mid-rotation starter? Stowers won’t get you anything close. Yes, it’s because he’s not as good of a player but it’s also worth noting that it Stowers doesn’t work out then Beavers and Bradfield are right behind him.

I feel sure Elias is trying to position Stowers as 50% of Kjerstad-Cowser in conversations with Chicago, Miami, etc, and rounding out with depth.

We'll get a view of long running negotiations end results at the trade deadline.

Wells and Irvin are probably fine to keep us in touch with various competitions while a championship season of MLB inches towards the business end.

Chris Getz is like I've got Larry Sheets' son and David Fletcher's little brother.

1 hour ago, oriole said:

Don’t have to be sorry, I think you’re probably right. I just wonder if it’s worth having Stowers + a good high leverage RP (just an example) or Kjerstad and a lottery ticket prospect. Maybe if Kjerstad is packaged with Norby then we’re talking about a mid-rotation starter? Stowers won’t get you anything close. Yes, it’s because he’s not as good of a player but it’s also worth noting that it Stowers doesn’t work out then Beavers and Bradfield are right behind him.

I’m not trading Kjerstad and Norby for a mid rotation starter