Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

[table]
[thead][tr][th]Split[/th][th]G[/th][th]GS[/th][th]PA[/th][th]AB[/th][th]R[/th][th]H[/th][th]2B[/th][th]3B[/th][th]HR[/th][th]RBI[/th][th]SB[/th][th]CS[/th][th]BB[/th][th]SO[/th][th]BA[/th][th]OBP[/th][th]SLG[/th][th]OPS[/th][th]TB[/th][th]GDP[/th][th]HBP[/th][th]SH[/th][th]SF[/th][th]IBB[/th][th]ROE[/th][th]BAbip[/th][th]tOPS+[/th][th]sOPS+[/th][/tr][/thead]
[tr][td]April/March[/td][td]23[/td][td]22[/td][td]92[/td][td]74[/td][td]15[/td][td]14[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]17[/td][td]29[/td][td].189[/td][td].348[/td][td].311[/td][td].659[/td][td]23[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td].279[/td][td]71[/td][td]85[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Provided by [url=https://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool]Baseball-Reference.com[/url]: [url=https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=hendegu01&year=2023&t=b&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#month]View Original Table[/url]
Generated 4/18/2024.

A similar Oriole rookie - struggled early (not as bad as Holliday) but this does happen.  Next thing you know, this guy won ALROTY and could possibly win AL MVP this year.

3 minutes ago, .500_OR_BETTER said:

A similar Oriole rookie - struggled early (not as bad as Holliday) but this does happen.  Next thing you know, this guy won ALROTY and could possibly win AL MVP this year.

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+
April/March 23 22 92 74 15 14 3 0 2 4 1 1 17 29 .189 .348 .311 .659 23 1 1 0 0 0 1 .279 71 85

31 minutes ago, .500_OR_BETTER said:
Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+
April/March 23 22 92 74 15 14 3 0 2 4 1 1 17 29 .189 .348 .311 .659 23 1 1 0 0 0 1 .279 71 85

Holliday is nowhere close to those numbers

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Holliday is nowhere close to those numbers

It's only a 3rd of the ABs / Games.  The hits will come the numbers will get better.  The point being, it doesn't look pretty at first but there is no reason to panic.

Fun fact (I know, nothing like Holliday)

Rich Dauer was a 1st round pick (24th) from USC

1976 - up for a cup of coffee 4 for 39 .  All singles

1977 - Rookie 2B makes the team.  Thru May.  1 for 41 with 1 RBI and 1 run scored.

June - 21 games. .357 average .958 OPS

The moral of this story.  Baseball is a very funny game.  Earl Weaver stuck with a kid with 1/10 of the talent of Jackson Holliday.   

11 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think his last at bat today was a little unfair. Umpire called a ball that was way off the plate a strike. Pitcher went right back there and then he had to swing cause he knew it was gonna get called a strike. 

I’m not trying to white knight for him, that’s @interloper’s job, but I’m not the least bit worried about Holliday.  It’ll happen for him and I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re singing a different tune about him next week. 

This has happened to him at least a handful of times, and the take is actually a good thing IMO. Most umpires don't totally whiff like that.

Getting outta dodge for a few games should help him a bit.

1 hour ago, IPlayGM said:

I’m not sure what we were to expect. But expecting some struggle is realistic. 

No doubt…I think expecting a 600 OPS is realistic early on.  A sub 200 OPS is pretty awful.

Now, I don’t really care and i would still send him up there everyday. 

Im just pointing out that you mentioned people having too high of expectations but people should have expected more than 1-25 with 14 Ks.

The sample is too small for anything to matter but I don’t think expecting like than what he has done is asking for too much.

2 hours ago, .500_OR_BETTER said:

These are just scrambled letters characters and numbers. What do they all mean? Is it from a computer programmer also the earlier post too?

This is the same conversation we had last year about Gunner. People wanting to send him down, he’s not ready, etc. Yes he is struggling, but he is also not getting much to hit and the umpires have had an expanded strike zone on him for whatever reason. He needs to be more aggressive early, like Gunnar early last year, he is seeing too many pitches. When Gunnar got aggressive, he took off. 
He will figure it out and I’m sure there are hitting coaches and tape with advanced data he is going over things with. I’m sure the coaches are seeing the bad calls and are telling him not to get frustrated and stick to the process. I don’t know another 9 hitter that has been beared down on like he has been. He has really had some tough pitching and bad calls. 
He is going to be fine, just let him work through it. 

6 minutes ago, sevastras said:

This is the same conversation we had last year about Gunner. People wanting to send him down, he’s not ready, etc. Yes he is struggling, but he is also not getting much to hit and the umpires have had an expanded strike zone on him for whatever reason. He needs to be more aggressive early, like Gunnar early last year, he is seeing too many pitches. When Gunnar got aggressive, he took off. 
He will figure it out and I’m sure there are hitting coaches and tape with advanced data he is going over things with. I’m sure the coaches are seeing the bad calls and are telling him not to get frustrated and stick to the process. I don’t know another 9 hitter that has been beared down on like he has been. He has really had some tough pitching and bad calls. 
He is going to be fine, just let him work through it. 

This.  I brought this up before. Sure he has some bad 0-1 calls go against him and next thing you know he is 0-2 just swinging away.

But look at the pitches thrown to him at #9 and then go look at the pitches thrown to Gunnar, and it's a joke.  He is getting painted on every corner.