Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

13 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

How did the moustache work for Austin Hays?

Good point. I'll counter with the fact that Hays' mustache is in direct competition with Cowser's beard. We haven't seen a beard this burly around these parts in quite some time.  And while it's not Brian Wilson or James Harden magnitude (thank heavens) Cowser's is nothing to sneeze at.

And as a bearded wierdo myself, I don't recommend sneezing any more than necessary. 

Elias made an interesting comment during an interview about how it's getting difficult to assess AAA hitting because so many MLB starters are coming up lame that AAA pitching is being moved up to the big leagues and guys in AAA throwing now, might not be the best they have due to MLB injuries.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Frobby said:

I just think it’s too soon to think about sending him down.  Two more weeks like this?  It definitely would be time.  But I’ll bet we don’t see two more weeks like this.  

I think that’s the Koolaid sipper in you bro. I can’t imagine anyone here wants to see him struggle or fail. But, another 1 for 29 could damage his confidence. I think you send him down and let him reset. He needs to work to be more prepared part of it gets his strikeouts way down. Even if he had a 6 hit run as someone else mentioned he’d still have a k rate over 40%. He shouldn’t end up a 20%+ K rate guy. 

On 4/18/2024 at 6:01 AM, Brooks The Great said:

Cowser never had the chance to play every day. It wasn't a similar situation to Holliday's callup outside of poor initial results. Holliday is being given a long leash to struggle and try to figure things out. Cowser had no such opportunity last season. Elias and Hyde were too enamored with Aaron Hicks. 

Cowser played in 5 straight after call up, give 5-6 days off, played in 10 straight, 2 days off, 4 straight , a day off, 2 straight, 1 day off, 1 game and then demoted. I didn’t look back to see how many of the days off that the team didn’t play. To say he didn’t get a chance is just wrong.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/hittinglogs.php?p=cowseco01&y=2023

1 minute ago, capyy said:

missing a left handed bat in that scenario? no left handed infield options anyway. 

If you insist on a left hande bat, there's enough infielders that you could probably make room for Kjerstad on the 26 man roster if you plan for the idea that Hays/Cowser/Santander/O'Hearn probably won't play as much.  

As you can see by the names I just listed, it's probably not a good idea to cut into their playing time just to call up a left handed bat.