3/28 Opening Day 2024: The Next Chapter.

Satyr3206

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I think he can be had for 3 for 39 or something like that or 4 for 48.

I  know some think that he is easily replaceable. But 30 and 100 and a switch hitter does not grow on trees.

You are right!

Santander for instance has only ever hit 30 once and has never had a 100 RBI season.

I haven't seen Burnes pitch much and I just noticed he's like one of the very few starters that pitches from the stretch with the bases empty.  I see it with relievers but not much from starters.  Though a lot of starters are simplifying their windup and barely take a step.

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I think he can be had for 3 for 39 or something like that or 4 for 48.

I  know some think that he is easily replaceable. But 30 and 100 and a switch hitter does not grow on trees.

My bad - thought you were talking about Burnes.  

What are the chances the pitch count will be low enough that he can go for a complete game?

I think a complete game on opening day would be incredibly cool as well as being a shot across the bows to everybody else

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

God, this is the best opening day start(so far) I can remember in many years...I remember Sutcliffe pitched well back in the day...but not this well...

This is pure theatre.  So much fun. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Damn...ive got TV technical difficulties now on the Angel broadcast..

Butnes has the Angels hitters looking silly. It's K City the last few. They were swinging like they were confused and had no idea what was coming.

75ish pitch count now.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Damn...ive got TV technical difficulties now on the Angel broadcast..

The MLB app really is worth the money for those who are outside blackout areas.  I watch every game here in the Denver area. Highly recommend it.

Anyway, I’ve gotta figure out how to capture that DMR booth time, to post here later, it was awesome. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Butnes has the Angels hitters looking silly. It's K City the last few. They were swinging like they were confused and had no idea what was coming.

75ish pitch count now.

Burnes. I'm terrible typing on my phone 

Just now, Philip said:

What are the chances the pitch count will be low enough that he can go for a complete game?

I think a complete game on opening day would be incredibly cool as well as being a shot across the bows to everybody else

Like zero.

Too many pitches already.  And its not a shutout.  If he were at like 50-55 pitches thru 5 maybe.  But pitchers are usually on a pitch count on opening day.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You are right!

Santander for instance has only ever hit 30 once and has never had a 100 RBI season.

I forgot who I was talking to...lol

You are right! Last year he only had 95 RBIs and 28 homeruns.