2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's about the lineup I'd expect on a getaway day.  I like Westy leading off.

He's been in a little funk, be nice to see him get back on track.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

He's been in a little funk, be nice to see him get back on track.

He has been.  I still like his approach a lot though.

I like Gunnar leading off, especially with his uptick in walks, but I also like that approach in the middle of the order to keep an inning going.  I am curious to see if we're going to see more Westy leading off or if they're gonna go back to Gunnar.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like Gunnar leading off, especially with his uptick in walks, but I also like that approach in the middle of the order to keep an inning going.  I am curious to see if we're going to see more Westy leading off or if they're gonna go back to Gunnar.

Hyde said we would see it when we face LHP.

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's basically a platoon and we've been in it for quite a while.   You just haven't noticed.

Since May 8:

• Every time we have faced a righty, Gunnar has led off
  • Every time we have faced a lefty, Westburg has led off

The last time Gunnar led off vs a lefty was May 8 at Washington vs Mitchell Parker.

Amazingly, we have faced a steady diet of RHP and have only seen 2 lefties since May 8 before today:   Kikuchi in Toronto on May 15 and Crochet in Chicago May 26.

So to answer your question... if we see more lefties, we will see more of Westy leading off.  

It's pretty amazing we have faced righties in 22 of our last 24 games.   Last year we were #1 or #2 in the majors in percentage of lefthanded starters faced.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SteveA said:

It's basically a platoon and we've been in it for quite a while.   You just haven't noticed.

Since May 8:

• Every time we have faced a righty, Gunnar has led off
  • Every time we have faced a lefty, Westburg has led off

The last time Gunnar led off vs a lefty was May 8 at Washington vs Mitchell Parker.

Amazingly, we have faced a steady diet of RHP and have only seen 2 lefties since May 8 before today:   Kikuchi in Toronto on May 15 and Crochet in Chicago May 26.

So to answer your question... if we see more lefties, we will see more of Westy leading off.  

It's pretty amazing we have faced righties in 22 of our last 24 games.   Last year we were #1 or #2 in the majors in percentage of lefthanded starters faced.

That makes sense and that's why it hasn't registered.  Haven't seen a LHP starter for awhile.

Edited by Moose Milligan

9 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Tampa is a very hard place to play so you want the best defenders out there dealing with turf and roof so no surprise Millins and Urias get start.  

6 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Tampa is a very hard place to play so you want the best defenders out there dealing with turf and roof so no surprise Millins and Urias get start.  

Mullins has 2 homers off Civale as a bonus. 

• Upvote 1