2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yeah it looks like it goes to the entire league not just opposite division.  We will hold the tie breaker over either the Twins or Tigers with 2 wins though if we take two out of three vs the Tigers that will make us 3-3 vs them or a win vs the Twins or the Yankees.  
    • Yes I know.  I think had we not made any trades, we'd be under 84 wins right now.  Eflin has been huge.  Slater has had some big games.  Dominguez has contributed too.  
    • Maybe last year we were really two years away and we really just overachieved because of team chemistry and Bautista.  I don't see how taking Santa out of this lineup can be a good thing.  What are we going to do with 1B/DH next year.  Mounty and O'Hearn really can't be counted on for a team trying to win.  
    • Huh? I was talking about this years Elias deadline moves.
    • I don't disagree necessarily; I was just saying that losing Santander is losing one of the more productive bats in what has been for a while now a pretty bad lineup, at the end of the day, regardless of where he's batting.
    • Possibility sure, but we can't go into next year expecting that, based on what we've seen.  If we had seen 'normal' rookie struggles, maybe you count on progression.  But what we've seen (and I know, for Mayo its still a SSS), has been so bad, its alarming.  Like the dude can't OPS .300.  He's hitting like a pitcher.
    • Not suggesting he doesn't matter at all.  Just saying his presence (or lack thereof) alone can't explain the extremity of the drop off.  The real issue is that Holliday has been putrid, Mayo looks even worse somehow, Cowser better than that but not good lately, Rutsch of course has been awful.  That's the big one for next year - what version of Adley are we going to get?  He's been bad enough, for long enough, to make that a more fair question than I would have thought. In my head we're struggling because of players like Jimenez, Soto, Rivera, Slater in the lineup regularly.  But then I see lineups like today, and that really isn't the case nearly as often as I'm thinking.  Its worrisome.  We've basically cast off (due to injury/trade) the regular Hangout castoff list - Hays, Urias, Mateo, even Mountcastle to some degree - and for the most part replaced them w/ the players we wanted to replace them - Cowser, Mayo, Holliday - and things have gotten much much worse.
  • Popular Contributors