2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Lefties kill this guy we are facing today. I assume we will not take that into account and start some whacky lineup, forcing in ice cold right handed bats.

RHH OPS .780 and LHH .850.   So he’s not good against either.  He has 32 starts among his 61 ML appearances.  I’m guessing most managers are doing what the Orioles are doing, leaving their very best LH hitters in the lineup and putting RH hitters in for matchups.  So, perhaps part of the reason the OPS his higher for LH hitters is because he’s facing the Gunnar Hendersons of the world and not the Tony Kemps of the world.   Even if there’s no validity to that theory it’s not like RH hitters have struggled against him.   I don’t think Santander or Rutschman are considering batting LH today.

Upcoming series against Boston which is nearly exclusively RHPs.  I would expect Adley to catch all three games since no day games after night game.  Will be interesting to see how the lineup stacks (Mounty?  Kemp at 2B? Cowser?).