MLBTV/VPN

ChuckS

Anyone running into issues avoiding the blackout?  When I turn on my VPN (Nord VPN)  it blocks me from accessing my subscription and when the VPN is turned off I'm blacked out. 

Is there a workaround for this?

Edited by ChuckS

6 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Anyone running into issues avoiding the blackout?  When I turn on my VPN (Nord VPN)  it blocks me from accessing my subscription and when the VPN is on I'm blacked out. 

If you can change your location by state, make sure it's nowhere near Baltimore's Market. You might even be able to try using another country like UK or italy.

Edited by PHRESH

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Be patient or change your VPN location. Sometimes it takes a little while. 

Sorry man, it's frustrating as hell. So much so that I bought Direct TV stream this year. 

I meant to say when I have it turned *off I'm blacked out.  When it's on I can't even access the games. 

MLB seems to read that I have a VPN regardless of location, and blocks me from accessing my account. 

18 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Anyone running into issues avoiding the blackout?  When I turn on my VPN (Nord VPN)  it blocks me from accessing my subscription and when the VPN is turned off I'm blacked out. 

Clear your cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete) and try again.  Whenever I forget to connect to my VPN before trying to watch a game that is blacked out... it gives me issues after I connected to the VPN.  Clearing the cache and trying again has always worked for me.

Edited by Goober Noodles

11 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I meant to say when I have it turned *off I'm blacked out.  When it's on I can't even access the games. 

MLB seems to read that I have a VPN regardless of location, and blocks me from accessing my account. 

Not sure what type of device you’re using but sometimes I have to delete the app altogether and reinstall it. 

14 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Having same issue. All the combinations that worked in the past are failing. Grrr. 

16 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I thought that a few times, but it never sticks consistently. 

It's just hard to predict honestly. 

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I thought that a few times, but it never sticks consistently. 

It's just hard to predict honestly. 

My wife figured it out and got me in. 

She won't tell my her trick though or how she troubleshot it.  Punishing me for my poor attitude over the last 45 minutes while I was missing the game. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

My wife figured it out and got me in. 

She won't tell my her trick though or how she troubleshot it.  Punishing me for my poor attitude over the last 45 minutes while I was missing the game. 

Looks like your cooking tonight!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Added the VPN to the TV through our router/mesh system (would have never figured that out on my own). I was trying to get it up on my laptop and connect to the TV through an HDMI.  

Edited by ChuckS
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Nord isn’t working for me either. I’m doing the Fubo free trial. 🤣