Gunnar Henderson 2024

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Does Maris have the most non juiced  homers in a season in MLB history?  Please check me on that .

Maris hit his 18th homer on June 9th his 52nd game.   He hit two on June 11th is 56th game.

Guinnar  has 18  at the 54th game.  So he is in the ball park.

Aaron Judge? 

I’m not sure how you define “juiced”. Obviously guys are not on anabolic steroids (like in the late 80’s - early 2000’s). But all professional athletes in this modern day and age have access to “supplements” that enhance their performance plus the advancements in modern medicine and technology that were not available during the time when Maris played. But in Maris’ era guys were using “uppers” and other substances to get a competitive advantage.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Does Maris have the most non juiced  homers in a season in MLB history?  Please check me on that .

Maris hit his 18th homer on June 9th his 52nd game.   He hit two on June 11th is 56th game.

Guinnar  has 18  at the 54th game.  So he is in the ball park.

Gunner is going to have a 3 homer day here soon. 

Pitchers aren’t stupid.  With two walks tonight, Gunnar has now walked 25 times in the last 28 games.   It’s hilarious how he flings the bat and his shin guard every time he walks, like he’s angry he didn’t get to swing the bat.  I’m sure Adley loves having him on base. 

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Pitchers aren’t stupid.  With two walks tonight, Gunnar has now walked 25 times in the last 28 games.   It’s hilarious how he flings the bat and his shin guard every time he walks, like he’s angry he didn’t get to swing the bat.  I’m sure Adley loves having him on base. 

Arnold/Brach was saying something along the lines of he's getting more comfortable taking walks again.  

12 hours ago, interloper said:

It's really annoying that Judge is playing as well as he is. 

It is, but at the end of the day it's mostly a WAR race.  If Gunnar has the highest WAR on a 100+ win team, that'll be hard to beat.

Of course Judge hitting 50+ homers for a 100 win Yankees team will be hard to beat, too.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

One of these days he's going to get called out when doing that. I always do a double take because it looks like he's mad for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

On 5/31/2024 at 11:01 AM, Bemorewins said:

Aaron Judge? 

I’m not sure how you define “juiced”. Obviously guys are not on anabolic steroids (like in the late 80’s - early 2000’s). But all professional athletes in this modern day and age have access to “supplements” that enhance their performance plus the advancements in modern medicine and technology that were not available during the time when Maris played. But in Maris’ era guys were using “uppers” and other substances to get a competitive advantage.

Why is it obvious that some of these guys aren’t on some kind of steroids?

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Why is it obvious that some of these guys aren’t on some kind of steroids?

They are not on anabolic steroids for a few reasons. 1) The advancements in the medical/science community. We know from extensive research the harm that analogically steroids causes longer term to the human body.

2) Why would these athletes put themselves in that kind of risk of danger/death, when they can get almost all of the performance enhancement effects from safer products to use (such as HGH and other derivatives)?

3) The testing is too advanced to use simple anabolic steroids that players once used (mid 80’s - early 20’s).

This is not to say that athletes/baseball players do not use substances that enhance their performance. I believe almost all do and have to in order to compete. However, what I am saying is the days of steroid usage is done. There are much safer/smarter ways to achieve optimal, athletic outcomes with using those kind of things that can/will kill you.

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

They are not on anabolic steroids for a few reasons. 1) The advancements in the medical/science community. We know from extensive research the harm that analogically steroids causes longer term to the human body.

2) Why would these athletes put themselves in that kind of risk of danger/death, when they can get almost all of the performance enhancement effects from safer products to use (such as HGH and other derivatives)?

3) The testing is too advanced to use simple anabolic steroids that players once used (mid 80’s - early 20’s).

This is not to say that athletes/baseball players do not use substances that enhance their performance. I believe almost all do and have to in order to compete. However, what I am saying is the days of steroid usage is done. There are much safer/smarter ways to achieve optimal, athletic outcomes with using those kind of things that can/will kill you.

My take.  The cheaters are always ahead of the testers.  Biogenesis.  Those athletes, including Nelson Cruz, never failed a test.  Better tell Fernando Tatis thos steroids are not 100% healthy.  Yeah, I know.  Tainted meat, right?   🙂

Tatis was suspended 80 games after testing positive for Clostebol, which is on MLB's banned substances list.Apr 19, 2023

https://www.si.com

Clostebol

Article

Talk

Language

Watch

Edit

Clostebol (INNTooltip International Nonproprietary Name; also known as 4-chlorotestosterone) usually as the ester clostebol acetate, is a synthetic anabolic–androgenic steroid (AAS). Clostebol is the 4-chloro derivative of the natural hormone testosterone. The chlorination prevents conversion to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) while also rendering the chemical incapable of conversion to estrogen.[citation needed]Although usually used as an ester including clostebol acetate (Macrobin, Steranabol, Alfa-Trofodermin, Megagrisevit), clostebol caproate (Macrobin-Depot), or clostebol propionate (Yonchlon), unmodified/non-esterified clostebol is also reported to be marketed, under the brand name Trofodermin-S in Mexico.

image.png