Coby Mayo 2024

Tony-OH

5 hours ago, interloper said:

Seems logical with the lefties coming up. It's time. Get him a taste before the AS break, temporarily option someone, then make a deal at the deadline to jettison someone like Urias. 

Dont think their going to move on from Urias. Their going to have to get creative to him ABs.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Who started the rumor?  PigtownSports?

See Page 25 in this thread. I’m not saying I started it but I brought it up as a possibility to get Mayo up here without getting rid of Urias.

I’m sure someone else that follows the team could’ve drawn the same scenario up. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

See Page 25 in this thread. I’m not saying I started it but I brought it up as a possibility to get Mayo up here without getting rid of Urias.

I’m sure someone else that follows the team could’ve drawn the same scenario up. 

Sending Cowser down or going with a 7 man bullpen?

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Sending Cowser down or going with a 7 man bullpen?

It can be done without getting rid of Urias or 7 man or 7 man pen, they would have to get creative, I dont think their going to move on from Urias until after Mayo Breakin.

We could option Povich after his next start and call Mayo up with that spot. But then I think SP have to be down 15 days, and Povich’s spot in the rotation would likely come up at least once before the 15 days is up even with the ASB. 

We could go with a 7 man pen with a couple of taxi arms already in Baltimore since we are at home before the ASB. 

If we want Mayo here for the lefties we face before the ASB, there are ways. 

Was really hoping to see him get called up today. Nonetheless, I was looking at Yordan Alvarez’s stats in AAA because he was also there in his age 21 and 22 seasons. Alvarez put up a 145 wRC+, .309 ISO, 13.8 BB%, and 21.9 K%. Mayo has put up a 138 wRC+, .278 ISO, 13.2 BB%, and 23.9 K%. Not too far off, just thought it was interesting considering they were the same ages in AAA and both have elite power. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LGOrioles said:

Was really hoping to see him get called up today. Nonetheless, I was looking at Yordan Alvarez’s stats in AAA because he was also there in his age 21 and 22 seasons. Alvarez put up a 145 wRC+, .309 ISO, 13.8 BB%, and 21.9 K%. Mayo has put up a 138 wRC+, .278 ISO, 13.2 BB%, and 23.9 K%. Not too far off, just thought it was interesting considering they were the same ages in AAA and both have elite power. 

We have Yordan Alvarez. He’s in AA. Meet Sam Basallo. 😉

• Upvote 1

Well I’ll take some blame for this one. I forgot Imanaga gets 6 days in between starts so they pushed Taillon ahead of him. It will be 3 LHP in 5 days so expect the video made after tonight’s game in Memphis.

8 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

Would they be playing him tonight if they were planning on calling him up tomorrow?

Holliday played Tuesday for Norfolk before getting called up that night to play the next day in Boston. So I guess it’s possible. 

• Upvote 2