Coby Mayo 2024

Tony-OH

44 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I thought it said a few weeks... hadn't realized it could run six.

Takes 4-8 weeks to recover from his injury.

Probably will see “rehab” time in the lower minors (which has never made sense to me)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Roch also says that it appeared that Mayo was close to coming up, which is something @Roy Firestone mentioned he heard.

We've had a couple of these where guys are right about to come up and then get hurt. I want to say Adley in ST 2022 and maybe Kjerstad hamstring last year. Feel like I'm forgetting one. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

We've had a couple of these where guys are right about to come up and then get hurt. I want to say Adley in ST 2022 and maybe Kjerstad hamstring last year. Feel like I'm forgetting one. 

Grayson.

Odd how they are just about to get called up when it happens.  They were so close.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Grayson.

Odd how they are just about to get called up when it happens.  They were so close.

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of, thanks. 

Love the new avatar! 

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

Cowser last year got hurt when Mullins did and that’s how Hicks came in, I think you’re confusing that with Kjerstad. 

28 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Cowser last year got hurt when Mullins did and that’s how Hicks came in, I think you’re confusing that with Kjerstad. 

Allegedly.  Elias also said they'd been talking to Hicks even before the injury so I don't really buy that Cowser would have come up.

On 5/17/2024 at 8:07 PM, Spy Fox said:

Just watched the video-- wow is that unfortunate with the popup landing right within the entrance, when the whole rest of the dugout has a wall:

image.png.28be47f1a3c8d0b70441805869ee9e00.png 

Why don't they have bench/dugout gates?