Jordan Westburg 2024

interloper

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

I'll take the layup thread bump here, and hope this thread has a lot of life left in 2024.

He'll be up high again against the LHP Nestor Wednesday, but where in the lineup do you have him against a RHP tomorrow?

Great to have you back, Westy!

I say put him in that 2 for the rest of the year regardless of pitcher. An argument can be made that he’s our second best hitter (a pretty easy argument right now, depending on how you feel about Santander). I see no reason to move him down. 

• Upvote 2

I came into the game not really sure what to expect out of Westburg.  Surely he couldn't have been the savior for the Orioles offense.  But with Westburg and Urias in there it really felt like during the game we actually had a chance to score runs.  Yeah I wish we won but we had some colossally bad luck, what with Urias' deflection that would have scored 2 runs and Cowser getting a HR stolen from him.  And it really felt like a palpable difference as the game went on.  Maybe it's because the guys that came back, Urias, Kjerstad, and Westburg put up competitive PAs, and they replaced guys that quite frankly haven't been.  But it felt like over the next 6 games once they get their game legs back we could get hot in time for the playoffs thanks to their return.